Found my love!

TheSeeker

Citizen of Zooville
Hey everyone, the stars aligned at last and I now have someone incredible to share my life with :gsd_love:
I’m not willing to publicly share photos of her (as much as I’d love to) she’s a long haired GSD who I got as a puppy. We bonded instantly. She’s not super affectionate but I know we’re a solid pair and she is a VERY good kisser! Some of you would also be happy to know that I am not required to nor will I get her spayed and I’m hopeful she blesses me with a bundle of puppies in the future.
In the meantime I’m enjoying being a first time puppy guardian!

Cheers to all!

Best of luck to the both of you. I'm gonna give my blessings to you. may your future be bright and prosperous full of happy days.

Hey everyone, the stars aligned at last and I now have someone incredible to share my life with :gsd_love:
I’m not willing to publicly share photos of her (as much as I’d love to) she’s a long haired GSD who I got as a puppy. We bonded instantly. She’s not super affectionate but I know we’re a solid pair and she is a VERY good kisser! Some of you would also be happy to know that I am not required to nor will I get her spayed and I’m hopeful she blesses me with a bundle of puppies in the future.

Cheers to all!
Congratulations! I know you'll take good care of her. I'm also glad that you weren't required to get her spayed, that's definitely good news. Make sure you treat her like the queen she will eventually become. GSDs are known to be a dominant and a feisty breed, so be prepared for her to eventually call all the shots in the bedroom! :devilish:

Cheers to all!
Wonderful, congratulations on finding a good friend, if not more!

. I'm also glad that you weren't required to get her spayed, that's definitely good news.
Are there actually places that "require " you to spay/neuter?? I've noticed comments hinting towards this but news to me. Some even say you're required to have breeding papers to keep your dog unaltered.... just curious

Are there actually places that "require " you to spay/neuter?? I've noticed comments hinting towards this but news to me. Some even say you're required to have breeding papers to keep your dog unaltered.... just curious
It all depends on the breeder/rescue. Most rescues are Nazis about it. They won’t send out unaltered animals or I believe they’ll fine you or reposes your pet if you don’t do it by a certain age. My girl is co owned with the breeder until I either give the breeder two of her puppies when I breed her or get her spayed at any time after she’s 2.

It all depends on the breeder/rescue. Most rescues are Nazis about it. They won’t send out unaltered animals or I believe they’ll fine you or reposes your pet if you don’t do it by a certain age. My girl is co owned with the breeder until I either give the breeder two of her puppies when I breed her or get her spayed at any time after she’s 2.
Ahhh ok stuff like that I've heard but wasn't sure if some states or countries required pets to be done unless you pay for a special license

Now that's just inhumane... I am glad I live in country that this is not required... Is this kind of behavior even legal?

Now that's just inhumane... I am glad I live in country that this is not required... Is this kind of behavior even legal?
I think it's under the table stuff. Saying legal is like money its always in commodity yet no matter the circumstance. (Cant come up with a better saying)

So wait after every reproduction they want 2 little ones from the litter? That's alot if your planning the long haul. Yeah its definitely a bit under the table shady.

Nevertheless I'm happy for you.

So wait after every reproduction they want 2 little ones from the litter? That's alot if your planning the long haul. Yeah its definitely a bit under the table shady.

Nevertheless I'm happy for you.
sounds like a one time deal, not every litter. still sounds a tad shady

sounds like a one time deal, not every litter. still sounds a tad shady

Many breeders will sell "pet" rights while retaining breeding rights. Giving full ownership after a puppy or two is actually pretty tame, I've heard of much worse hurdles before. Including following through with showing the dog until it's a champion and then shipping the dog back to be bred, waiting for the pups to be born and whelped, and then surrendering all of said pups...

Or you can pay a shit load more to purchase all rights up front.

Many breeders will sell "pet" rights while retaining breeding rights. Giving full ownership after a puppy or two is actually pretty tame, I've heard of much worse hurdles before. Including following through with showing the dog until it's a champion and then shipping the dog back to be bred, waiting for the pups to be born and whelped, and then surrendering all of said pups...

Or you can pay a shit load more to purchase all rights up front.
how is that legal?

Congratulations, this is fantastic news! I remember you made some posts eagerly preparing and awaiting that day. Good to hear it turned out pretty much in favor of you two. I wish all the best and great adventures to you and your girl!:gsd_happysmile:

Congratulations, this is fantastic news! I remember you made some posts eagerly preparing and awaiting that day. Good to hear it turned out pretty much in favor of you two. I wish all the best and great adventures to you and your girl!:gsd_happysmile:

Thanks @Huskeroni! It definitely turned out in our favor. It took pretty much all I had to actually get her but I’m so glad I did! She is a sweetheart and a I’m completely in love with her already.

Congratulations on your new partner, friend and everything. Wishing you all the best in the future and hoping you can have those puppies you wish for. And a long loving life together.

Cheers to all!
Congratulations! l am happy for you!

Cheers to all!
congrats I recently rescued a female german shepherd from a bad home. she will be my 3rd shepherd. They make wonderful companions. My current girl is nothing short of amazing even with her fear issues she has been working through. Such a gentle sweet soul she has. Best of luck and glad you found a companion may you be blessed with many good years of joy together

Back