Fish lovers thread? (Sorry dolphin lovers, better luck next time!)

Actually it IS possible.
Problem is, the possibility exists mainly with sharks as the males do indeed have external sexual organs (2 in fact) which reproduce via penetration.
Just make sure it's not a species that gives live birth, otherwise you might pull out a stump as many shark young will eat their siblings (and your junk should it be introduced) while still in the womb

IF you're so inclined as to give it a go, I'd recommend Nurse sharks as they are relatively docile and egg layers

On a side note, I DO know someone who had the bright idea to feed himself to a catfish.
An endeavor he vowed never to repeat after he discovered the "teeth" that pull food into the throat

On a side note, I DO know someone who had the bright idea to feed himself to a catfish.
An endeavor he vowed never to repeat after he discovered the "teeth" that pull food into the throat
are catfishes fishes....
do not ask your friend ur20z. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don’t know much about ocean sun fish other then they got ovaries that put out more then any animal. The question is do they mate internally?
Cat fish don’t and rays are sharks.
Sunfish mate externally. Strictly speaking rays aren't sharks but closely related, and looks like they copulate internally as well, although via "claspers" instead of a penis.

Huh? Catfish dont really have any teeth. Heck letting a catfish grasp your hand is an entire form of fishing for them, and fingers typically arent lost from this.

Actually it IS possible.
Problem is, the possibility exists mainly with sharks as the males do indeed have external sexual organs (2 in fact) which reproduce via penetration.
Just make sure it's not a species that gives live birth, otherwise you might pull out a stump as many shark young will eat their siblings (and your junk should it be introduced) while still in the womb

IF you're so inclined as to give it a go, I'd recommend Nurse sharks as they are relatively docile and egg layers
I guess so. I figure it'll still require full diving gear to pull off, and with that comes a world of potential trouble. Perhaps in a shallow aquarium tank with just an airhose hooked up to you.

Are you into sharks? I've met someone else who was too a long awhile back, and that's the only other fish lover i've met.

I read a book on fish intelligence recently and was mighty impressed in some cases. They can learn from each other for life, some can use tools, they can exhibit emotionally driven decisions, the cleaner fish even have something resembling a capitalist economy, and they can individually recognize and remember every single one of their hundreds of fish "clients"! Crazy to realize how much the brain can still perform practically without a cortex.

Not that I'd ever try or even fantasize it, but as a thought experiment, I did wonder if shark sex could be a possibility (in accordance with zoo ethics, that is). Since they actually do have penetrative sex, are more than big enough, and I assume they're smart/aware enough that they could get pleasure&affection out of it as well. My gut feeling is no, since ZV's (and the general zoo community's) attitude on the other cloacal animals i.e. reptiles and most avians is quite clear, but it'd be interesting to hear arguments to the contrary from somebody who knows sharks better than me.
Yeah, right?! Fish are far smarter than anyone gives them credit for, and part of that adds to what makes them so attractive. The fact that they can show genuine curiosity, can learn to like and want you, and even ask you to help them of which there are many examples .

There used to a psuedo documentary i watched as a kid that woke me up to all of this... their advanced inter species socializing, memory curiosity, etc. That one disappeared at some point, but there's a new one that i think does an even better job.

Huh? Catfish dont really have any teeth. Heck letting a catfish grasp your hand is an entire form of fishing for them, and fingers typically arent lost from this.
there are catfish and there are catfish.

some have horn plates with which they can scrape algae off plants and stones and some have something like brush teeth pointing backwards.

They have several rows of backward facing barbs, they are used to hold their prey and guide it into the throat.
They are actually sharp enough to remove skin from your hand, now imagine what they could do to yer willie

I guess so. I figure it'll still require full diving gear to pull off, and with that comes a world of potential trouble. Perhaps in a shallow aquarium tank with just an airhose hooked up to you.

Are you into sharks? I've met someone else who was too a long awhile back, and that's the only other fish lover i've met.
Not "into" them, however when you're going to be in the same environment as something, it's always best to do your homework

there are catfish and there are catfish.

some have horn plates with which they can scrape algae off plants and stones and some have something like brush teeth pointing backwards.
ah man, another one of those wiiiiide animal groups. Forgive my ignorance!

ah man, another one of those wiiiiide animal groups. Forgive my ignorance!
The more you know 🌈🌟

It isn’t just the “teeth”, if you can call them that, that are the hazard. They can have a strong jaw/bite force. A friend of mine once held a catfish by the mouth, the way you would other fish to “stun” them, and got a very nasty bite…or, crush I guess. That thumb was bruised and swollen from this little dude who was 12” long at most.

So yeah, I would have to think that would ruin a penis. Then again, I’ve seen some weird shit you guys do with those things and seem to enjoy.
Fish, in their natural environment, have this odd... personality to them that you don't see in land animals, and that i don't think humans ever bothered giving a name too, We've only been able to observe large fish (for any decent period of time) in their environment very recently (Commercial scuba gear came in the 1940's. Before that the only experience you had with fish were with panicked and half dead ones you dragged up from the ocean, or the few "pretty" species in aquariums.).
But Fish have this grace, this aura of both confidence, power, and unique curiosity, and this completely alien intelligence... It turns me on deeply, both romantically and physically. And their wonderfully sexy bodies just pushes it well over the edge.
I’ve never found anything arousing about a fish myself, but it sounds like you know what you’re about, and I respect that🫡

HAHA! This really is an unpopular idea! I kinda just had to know. Thanks for all the comments so far.

Cool! I can't whack you for feeling this way, many fish species are decidedly ugly, but yknow how the saying goes... "There's plenty of fish in the sea". Out of all of them, There's a small handful i find attractive. I kinda made this thread to find out which ones others may fancy.

I dont find seafood too appealing, despite growing up on the shores of an ocean i won't name. It's just too much of "a dead animal" for me. When i was younger, i could trick myself with chicken nuggets, and hot dogs. But it's hard to see a whole fish being served and not realize what it once was, and no longer is.

Sure!
My favorite are tuna. Both yellow and bluefin. They're striking colors are great, but their sheer size, sleek, muscular bodies, deep, almost voidlike eyes, and curious mannerisms really get me.
Bluefin-Tuna-Found-in-Arctic-Climate-Change-Altering-Food-Webs.jpg

tarpon_7a.jpg

Tarpon are also high on my list. Again, i like their sleek and silver bodies and general physique. And dont let perspective fool you, they get to be around 8 feet long.

Fish, in their natural environment, have this odd... personality to them that you don't see in land animals, and that i don't think humans ever bothered giving a name too, We've only been able to observe large fish (for any decent period of time) in their environment very recently (Commercial scuba gear came in the 1940's. Before that the only experience you had with fish were with panicked and half dead ones you dragged up from the ocean, or the few "pretty" species in aquariums.).
But Fish have this grace, this aura of both confidence, power, and unique curiosity, and this completely alien intelligence... It turns me on deeply, both romantically and physically. And their wonderfully sexy bodies just pushes it well over the edge.

Ive never been good at describing things, so i guess i don't know how to say it well enough. I've always hoped somebody will do it for me some day. As we learn more (and we are learning more) about fish intelligence, their behaviors will become clearer.

As far as other species... Northern pike, Sockeye salmon, Flying fish. Mostly just due to their body shape. Admittedly superficial love.
I had a very large saltwater setup and a speckled moray for years, she was amazingly smart and would always come to the surface when she saw me wanting a good rub.

I had an encounter with a school of fish when I was a teen and ever since then seeing them turns me on. I have to agree with the OP about their sleek and shiny bodies and how they jet about while in the water, far superior to our comparatively clumsy attempts at swimming.

I read a book on fish intelligence recently and was mighty impressed in some cases. They can learn from each other for life, some can use tools, they can exhibit emotionally driven decisions, the cleaner fish even have something resembling a capitalist economy, and they can individually recognize and remember every single one of their hundreds of fish "clients"! Crazy to realize how much the brain can still perform practically without a cortex.

Don't forget tool use.

As for the subject of this thread, that's a pass from me. There aren't a lot of mammals I find attractive and I can't think of a single non-mammal I have ever found attractive.

I agree with the others in this thread, the reality of fish fucking is.... not fun, but the fantasy of it sure is! I thought I'd drop by and share one of my favorite comics c:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 12.06.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 12.06.55 AM.png
    733.4 KB · Views: 23
Some fish are actually pretty intelligent like koi or puffer fish.. They make great pets but fucking them is a no..

Attachments

• gif-fish-trick-cool-4143173.gif
    gif-fish-trick-cool-4143173.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
Well, it's been awhile. I've been wanting to talk more about fish, but the opportunity so rarely comes up in zooey circles.
Dogs and horses get such a big piece of the pie.
I've figured out there some diving tourism companies that do expeditions to see large marine fish!
They're expensive, but they seem like amazing and totally worthwhile trips, especially for someone who loves fish in a more zooromantic way.
Getting to see just shockingly beautifully and mysteriously intelligent creatures in their habitat, happy and healthy and living their lives... Man how could you not yearn for that? To be befriend one even. And if only one could... have one as a partner and traverse the oceans together. Leaving behind the troubles of the surface world and living and loving in deep embrace of the sea.

So far this has been my favorite. Seeing them do the thing they love most, right next to you. Marlin are the fastest fish in the sea, and you get to be right there as they zoom past you with amazing accuracy. Both always aware and accounting for you, and devoting enough focus to do what they came to do. Maybe when the action is all done, one could grab their attention in a more friendly way.

This one seems utterly amazing. I've always loved tarpons. They're as majestic as tuna, but they're more chill and could actually hang out and relax around you. Night diving seems like such a fantastic experience.

Some of them don't seem so great through. Diving in a school of tuna, either bluefin or yellowfin, has always been a dream of mine... But in those cramped farming pens? Where they're forced to swim in circles, denied their right to roam and destined to just be slaughtered?

There would be no beauty there. They're meant for freedom, built for it in every way.
Crossing the ocean from coast to coast, they even have developed parietal eyes, so they can always track the passing of the days and nights.

Im looking for other ways to see them, in a place where they would be just as happy as me. Ill update this post with any i find.
Hopefully this can help some other lonely fish lover out there.

Man, the way my life is now i am years and years off from ever doing any of this... But one day... One day i may even have my own boat.
There is something else... I've always found lobsters pretty interesting and beautiful.
I used to play with the lobsters my parents would get on special occasions. Try to make them comfortable and cheer them up. And when the time came, i'd lock myself in my room. It was hard to face my parents for days to weeks after these incidents...
Kinda made me drop lobsters as an interest for my own mental stability.
Well i'd need a huge tank, and a lot of knowledge and skill... But perhaps i could have still live with aquatic partner. People have kept lobsters before! Best part is, i don't have to worry about them dying in 4 years! (Looking at you, rats! I freaking love them but i can't take heartbreak at that frequency. It's too much...)

Lobsters are gorgeous. I've never had a chance to explore my love for aquatics because even in zoo circles, it's just something you learn to repress over time... But i'm starting to get comfortable with not having to do that anymore.

This forum has been great with keeping the abusers that i used to hide from, out.

Back