Female pig safe time for first mating

H

hungontarioboy

I am getting a female big at 8 weeks old and I was wondering what the best age would be to start exploring her would be. I don't want to rush anything and hurt her of course.

That's a good question. I've heard of pig farmers breeding pigs on their first heat which is usually is at 5-6 months of age. Once the heat cycle starts it'll last 8-36 hours. Sows will go into heat every ~21 days.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable screwing a sow at 5-6 months of age. I would probably wait until they are about fully grown. Sows stop growing at 2-3 years of age. I'd probably wait until 1.5-2 years of age. But I'm a canine zoo and don't actually have any real world experience with shagging sows.

That's a good question. I've heard of pig farmers breeding pigs on their first heat which is usually is at 5-6 months of age. Once the heat cycle starts it'll last 8-36 hours. Sows will go into heat every ~21 days.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable screwing a sow at 5-6 months of age. I would probably wait until they are about fully grown. Sows stop growing at 2-3 years of age. I'd probably wait until 1.5-2 years of age. But I'm a canine zoo and don't actually have any real world experience with shagging sows.
Im mainly attracted to k9's as well but this is probably what you should do. Just wait till 2 ish years

Back