Familiar with the Aussie breed?

AussieKnot

Tourist
Has anyone had a male Aussie as a companion in this life style? Also what is the sort of time line I should start introducing him to things? Getting him in 8 weeks and I’m so excited!

I think i've seen posts talking about them in here before, i'd look up. Still, i think every dog is a different world, even though if they're from a pure breed. It's just about testing the waters

I have had aussies on and of for...well, let's just say decades to avoid dating myself. I assume "things" means sex, so I'll just say like any dog, don't push it. If he takes the initiative have fun, but don't force it. I'd wait till he is around a year old before getting too carried away trying to show him what you are after, but also get him familiar with touching all his parts from a young age. Always make it a positive experience no matter what you are doing. Aussies need a purely positive form of training. Do that right, and they will happily do anything you want.

Has anyone had a male Aussie as a companion in this life style? Also what is the sort of time line I should start introducing him to things? Getting him in 8 weeks and I’m so excited!
So now the 8 weeks are up, did you get the dog? How's he adjusting to his new home?

My first boy was a Huntaway and he was a areal gentleman! He only passed maybe seven years ago and I still miss him. He was amazing!

i have been having a pure breed aussie shepard for about 8 years . he is a very good learner any thing you want to teach him he wants to know how to do it. its like they never want to stop learning. he started getting sexually mature around a year and a half .. you have to start early with them letting them know it is ok to be touched in certain places and ok to do other stuff they need positive reinforcements .. there learning capabilitys are almost endless if you have the time and effort to teach them .. so have fun and enjoy they will give you lots of pleasure to own one

i have been having a pure breed aussie shepard for about 8 years . he is a very good learner any thing you want to teach him he wants to know how to do it. its like they never want to stop learning. he started getting sexually mature around a year and a half .. you have to start early with them letting them know it is ok to be touched in certain places and ok to do other stuff they need positive reinforcements .. there learning capabilitys are almost endless if you have the time and effort to teach them .. so have fun and enjoy they will give you lots of pleasure to own one
The only real downside is that you will forever judge every other dog breed against them. Aussies are the best.

Back