Floppy or Pointy

• Floppy

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Pointy

Votes: 30 56.6%

• Total voters

dartel

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Dunno how this has never come up as a discussion. Only thread I could find on the subject was from 2020 and was just an "I love floppy ears" thread. How do you like your doggy ears, floppy or pointy?

Interesting related note. Did you know a, horrible, Russian experiment in "domesticating" foxes uncovered a relationship between ear floppyness and aggression? Apparently the same genes that code aggression also code for ear cartilage formation. The more pointy the breed the more aggression they have.

Both of my girl's ears are floppy, especially my newfie which are extra floppy. With my mutt they're mostly floppy except for when she's alerted to something, then they stick out almost horizontally. It's actually kind of adorable. That said, I find pointy to be most appealing/attractive.

Looks wise? I love them both. But pointy ears are less prone to infections and easier to get a look into. Also easier to read the body language on a pointy-eared dog.

Depends on breed. But I am pretty sure an Australian shepherd with pointy ears would be equally adorable.

Most of the dogs ive loved have all been breeds with natural floppy ears, and id never have them surgically modified to make them pointy

Gosh, I love both, but I've always adored dogs that have big floppy ears, they're just perfect for petting and seeing them flop, just makes you wanna kiss em. So cute ❤️

Back