Dublin woman accused of bestiality during a date Jun 17 2021

The Star Trek:TNG episode "The Outcast" is one any alternative sexuality person would do well to watch.

I looked up the law that is quoted in the article, and it states:
Whosoever shall be convicted of the abominable crime of buggery, committed either with mankind or with any animal, shall be liable . . . to be kept in penal servitude for life . . .
Doesn't that mean that anal sex between consenting adult humans is illegal in Ireland and can be punished with a lifetime prison sentence?

I guess that's a law they inherited from the UK, since Ireland didn't exist as an independent nation in 1861 when that law appears to have been created. And that's the kind of law that they dig up to prosecute bestiality today? Wow! Whenever I read something like that, I'm happy to live where I live.

(Edit: Apparently there is a law from 1993 that repeals the life sentence for anal sex among humans, but keeps it intact for sex with animals.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also ironic that the law is called "Offences Against The Person Act". So against which person would the crime of bestiality be an offence? The only person there is the perpetrator ... So you can get a lifetime prison sentence for committing a crime against yourself ... Isn't that nice?

Anal huh? Suppose I fuck a crocodile, would that be anal intercourse? Imagine the confusion that could create.

Back