Dry Paws and Bladder Stones

So one of my male cats started with what is assumed to be bladder stones by the vet back in like May. Feline urinary tract disease? Still passing blood on and off. But I bring this up because the GF and I noticed today that he has 2 or 3 pads between his two paws that are raw. We suspect dry paws. I'm curious as to what ideas any might have on home remedies prior to vet visit and/or how to help increase my cats water intake.

Thanks!

Veterinarian working in Australia here.

Get him some hydration by offering wet/canned food. Can try boiling some fresh chicken in water for 20-30mins and reserve the homemade chicken broth (no seasoning added) to add into his diet.
I think a trip to your vet is warranted to check out his paws!

Veterinarian working in Australia here.

Get him some hydration by offering wet/canned food. Can try boiling some fresh chicken in water for 20-30mins and reserve the homemade chicken broth (no seasoning added) to add into his diet.
I think a trip to your vet is warranted to check out his paws!
Much appreciated! Since I made the post, i had added more wet food to the diet and the condition has improved. I'll continue to do so, thank you for the help!

Light cleaning of paws daily coupled with a rub down of paws with coconut oil daily....keeps our paws healthy, clean and looking very nice.....another thing that comes to mind is hot pavement, rocks or other rough surfaces can be brutal on paws....hope things work out 😁

Back