Dogs and language

I just stay away far away from people who call me a rapes or an animal abuser, and if I ever have to encounter any one of those punks....
I will kill people who do not believe like me! and my lawyers will always prove I was no wear near, nor at all involved in anyway. LOL

Funny enough, I have been using jesters lately to get my boy to do different things. If you tag a word to a command along with different hand movements like sign language you eventually won’t need to talk at all. It’s interesting to see.
More so when people realize your telling your dog to do something without saying anything.

Funny enough, I have been using jesters lately to get my boy to do different things. If you tag a word to a command along with different hand movements like sign language you eventually won’t need to talk at all. It’s interesting to see.
More so when people realize your telling your dog to do something without saying anything.

I've known multiple horse people who can do exactly that - Sometimes so subtly that the signals can't be detected by observers. In point of fact, that's one of the criteria used in judging dressage shows - Aids, cues, and signals not being detectable (or at least not obvious) to observers. While my mares respond well to verbals about 90% of the time, I've apparently not managed to reach the level needed where they'll *RELIABLY* respond to non-verbals. Sometimes, when I use ungodly-blatant hand/arm signals, they'll respond, other times they won't. Whether that's failure on my part, them just ignoring me unless they're bored enough to respond, or something else is something I've never managed to determine.

It's really cool, I've been doing this for years with my two and most times I don't even realise I do it. I click my finger first, then use a hand gesture while saying a command. Before dinner time, I get them to do sit, paw, lay down and wait, I can get them to do it now without saying a word. Only down side is Labs are easily distracted unless food is involved.

There is sign language for deaf dogs, but I use my own which works for us. Like for sit, I point my finger over their head so they look up and sit, and for lay down I point down at the floor.

Attachments

• Dog_sign_language.jpg
    Dog_sign_language.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 38
GSD's are supposed to be able to learn about 200 unique commands, but I am sure some other intelligent breeds can probably learn lots too, not sure about labs though, they are used a lot to help those with various disabilities, so they definitely got good brains, but often they only seem to hear "Blah, Blah Blah, Food, Blah, Blah. Not that I am putting down food based training for some breeds it's the only way to go. I tend to think though if you want the most out of your dog relationship it can't be a one way street you have to learn to speak dog body language as much as the dog needs to learn human barks and two legger paw movements

love your signature!

Back