Dog thoughts

doggyw

Tourist
I don't know much about dog psychology, if be very interested to know how dogs react to relationships. If you let a dog knot you regularly does the dog see you as his female? (bitch). Does it matter if you are a male? Does the dog get jealous, possessive or dominating.
Be very interested to hear other people's perspectives on this.

both possessive and dominating can happen even without sex in the equation. it's all about properly setting boundaries. i'm not saying be an "alpha" (frankly, this whole "alpha > beta > nachos > bellpepper" dynamic is bullshit), just be a bit assertive with your boy and you'll be fine. feel free to go on all fours whenever he "wants in", just work in some subtle stuff like "sure, lemme get our blanket first tho" for him to pickup and you can easily avoid embarassing moments around other ppl.

there's lots of folk on this site with "i wanna be dominated by a dog and be his bitch" fantasy and it's just hilarious, because having an aggressive and disobedient dog at home sounds like lots of fun. just imagine walking a dog who believes he's in charge....

does the dog see you as his female? (bitch).
No. You will quickly notice that even dogs that regularly have sex with people make a big distinction between other dogs and people. Your dog knows very well that you are not a dog.

Does it matter if you are a male?
In my experience my dogs have always understood that sex with me is for fun. It is pleasant masturbation. They asked for it differently than they would ask a female dog and they asked more often then with a female dog and also I can never be in heat and despite that they asked me. In this sense your gender is irrelevant.

It depends on the dog as well. Breed has some bearing. GSD's have always made me feel like I was in an equal relationship. My Black Lab made me feel like I was dating a bag of hammers..... BIG heart, negative I.Q. :rolleyes::D

I don't know much about dog psychology, if be very interested to know how dogs react to relationships. If you let a dog knot you regularly does the dog see you as his female? (bitch). Does it matter if you are a male? Does the dog get jealous, possessive or dominating.
Be very interested to hear other people's perspectives on this.
Don’t know about all that other stuff, but my boy is EXTREMELY possessive.

I’m pretty sure this is a thing whether you’re in an intimate relationship with an animal or not. I mean, you feed, house, and love the animals you live with (At least I hope you do), so of course they’re likely gonna want you all to themselves. Other dogs/people in the picture means split attention, and split attention is not something dogs like in my experience.

Luckily, my boy isn’t very aggressive about it, but he makes it known that I’m not allowed to pet other dogs, If I get too immersed in something and don’t pay enough attention to him, he will find a way to get rid of whatever I’m immersed in (RIP my novels and old laptop), no men are allowed to get too close, no matter how big he gets, he has to sit on my lap, etc.

In retrospect, it’s pretty funny, and I kind of like it, which is why I haven’t bothered to tell him no (except for when he tries to destroy my stuff, lol). Goes to show that he cares about me as much as I care about him.

No. You will quickly notice that even dogs that regularly have sex with people make a big distinction between other dogs and people. Your dog knows very well that you are not a dog.

In my experience my dogs have always understood that sex with me is for fun. It is pleasant masturbation. They asked for it differently than they would ask a female dog and they asked more often then with a female dog and also I can never be in heat and despite that they asked me. In this sense your gender is irrelevant.
How are you so sure that they are asking you for sex ?

Back