Dog lube

deepbeast

Tourist
What lubes are safe to use with dogs? When receiving anal I prefer to use a silicon based lube as it feels more slick, and lubricates for longer.

I make lubricants for me and my wife that are water based and hypoallergenic.

Try methyl cellulose.

It's the active ingredient in a lube called "sex grease." We found it at Spencer's years ago and it was great for fisting.

Really easy to make with only two ingredients.

Stick with water based lubes. If you're cheap^H^H^H^H^H err, frugal, you can buy J-Lube and the like as a powder and mix up a batch as you need it. While you can just shake a bit onto a wet hand, I process it in batches. It has a tendency to clump and does not quickly disolve, so stirring/shaking as powder is added helps.

I mix at a ratio of 6g/125ml final volume, but I start at double the volume of water (250ml) and heat it until half the volume is dissipated, leaving me with the 6g/125ml. I note that I use a hotplate with a stirrer, which greatly simplifies the process.

Edit: One 10 ounce bottle of J-lube should make around 47 batches as described above. I bought a bottle several years ago and am still working my way through it. For those unfamiliar with metric, 125ml is a tad over 1/2 cup. Amusingly, I've saved enough in lube costs to pay for my hotplate/stirrer at least twice. :p

Edit again: I heat to around 70-80C/160-175F and allow it to slowly evaporate down to half volume which can take a couple of hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone had any luck or experience with this? Did it have any negative effects on your dog's penis? Also, how long does it last do you need to keep applying more for a comfortable ride?
Yeah been using it for years my dogs swears by the stuff. :gsd_laughing:

To answer your question seriously though, for dogs any water based lube like KY is fine. oil based lubes should not be used. You don't want anything that can't easily dissolve being pulled back in the sheath for one thing. And the canine penis skin is also fairly delicate so oil based lubes aren't good for that either.

I know someone who lubed his ass with  butter 😅 to take his boy.

Of course it was like four decades ago, living with his family, no internet or anyone to ask, and any sort sex lube was an odd (and gay-ish) thing to buy.

Not that I'd recomend that but sure proves there was some creativity 😛

Stick with water based lubes. If you're cheap^H^H^H^H^H err, frugal, you can buy J-Lube and the like as a powder and mix up a batch as you need it.
I worry about using something like J lube because even though it's for animal use, it does have a form of sugar in it. I have had batches get moldy after just one day of sitting which is why I stopped using it. The way it dries so quickly without constantly wetting, also makes me worry about it sticking to my boys junk even after he cleans himself. Mixing up small batches can also be annoying because the clumping, stirring, and heating involved does take a while. I could be wrong about this, but I thought the purpose of J lube was for helping clear out anal blockages in livestock. It's great for anal dildo users, or jerking off, but I wouldn't use it in a vagina, or on a penis that goes back into a sheath.

I worry about using something like J lube because even though it's for animal use, it does has a form of sugar in it. I have had batches get moldy after just one day of sitting which is why I stopped using it. The way it dries so quickly without constantly wetting, also makes me worry about it sticking to my boys junk even after he cleans himself. Mixing up small batches can also be annoying because the clumping, stirring, and heating involved does take a while. I could be wrong about this, but I thought the purpose of J lube was for helping clear out anal blockages in livestock. It's great for anal dildo users, or jerking off, but I wouldn't use it in a vagina, or on a penis that goes back into a sheath.

Jorgenson Labs / JorVet, the makers of J-Lube market it as a veterinary obstetrical lube, see https://jorvet.com/product/j-lube/ for details. As for it's use in a vagina, that's what it was designed for. Occasionally people point out that it can be Very Bad(tm) if it gets into the peritoneal cavity as mentioned in their manual, which is true, but if you're punching into the body cavity you've got bigger issues to deal with.

Contaimination has not been a problem for me and many of the commercial lubes use the same stuff. I'm a big nerd and have repeatedly examined it under the microscope looking for growth but have yet to find any. I've left samples out exposed to air to see what could be cultured with it and the only thing I could grow was a little yeast and not much of that. That shouldn't be taken as meaning it can't be contaminated, just that in my uses and environment it appears to be a poor media for culturing. I pasteurize batches when I make them (part of the heating to disolve).

I'm not saying it's better than everything else or that there are no possible problems, but it works for me.

Actually, I am quite happy with MS Gel from Schnippes.
Used for sow insemination but is thick and keeps lubed better than J lube. Also easy to clean... and cheap 😁 <4$

Attachments

• MS Lubricant 1 liter Label_N0440BBMMLL0217_X_X_nlfrdeesiten_1901022_20210622.pdf
    113.3 KB · Views: 13
I'm not saying it's better than everything else or that there are no possible problems, but it works for me.
I imagine there are a lot of ways to use it safely, and there are a lot of J recipes out there that are probably more stable than the ones I came up with. Boiling the water ahead of time is probably one of the bigger things I never did that would solve most bacteria problems.

I've been using coco oil for 5+ years at this point, and despite the hate for oils in this thread, it is arguably the best thing to use for M/M (Human<Dog) in my opinion.

(1) Coco oil is recommended by many vets for ingesting, or for topical use to combat skin issues. It is generally accepted in providing important vitamins for both humans and dogs.
(2) Coco oil has many antibacterial/anti fungal properties that are completely natural. I have never had any issues with infection in the time I've been using it (My boys do clean themselves, and each other off decently afterwards)
(3) The amount of coco oil you need as a lube is the same amount most vets will recommend In the daily diet of a dog. I'm using between 1-3 table spoons a session, and they do not consume it all either. Most of it will end up in the towel underneath, or stay inside my body.
(4) The cost is reasonable in my opinion for something I/many others including professionals consider completely body safe. If you get a large tub, it will not only last a long time, but be relatively cost effective.

Other than that, It smells great, is good for your own skin, and they do like licking it, which is a bonus for many reasons. I would recommend that anyone considering using coconut oil, only use the amount you would give your dog for 1-2 servings at a time. I would also recommend finding out what the weight of your dog is, the appropriate amount for one serving based off that weight, and only giving them small amounts until you are certain they aren't allergic. If your dog doesn't clean themselves off well afterwards, you should pay attention to ensure bacterial smells aren't developing. Always pay attention to the expiration dates, and use common sense if the oil seems off/spoiled in any way. ATM is also much, much better when coco is involved!

I imagine there are a lot of ways to use it safely, and there are a lot of J recipes out there that are probably more stable than the ones I came up with. Boiling the water ahead of time is probably one of the bigger things I never did that would solve most bacteria problems.

I should have provided more details and I've edited my initial comment with the temps I use, thanks for pointing it out.

I've been using coco oil for 5+ years at this point, and despite the hate for oils in this thread, it is arguably the best thing to use for M/M (Human<Dog) in my opinion.

Other than cleanup, I can't see any reason to not use a safe oil in small quantities. Aside from the possibilities of allergic reactions, which while unlikely could happen with just about any lubricant, the only concern I might have is that some oils can lead to loose stools, but it's a good option.

Back