Dog gets hard when I play with him?

Nightwalker762

Tourist
BANNED USER
This is our second day with him, I didn't try doing anything with him. I was getting ready to workout and sit on the floor and he instantly started sitting his butt on my legs and was getting hard along with doing some "weird" movements. Didn't let it get further than that because that just happened on front of my other family members 😅 is this a good sign?

dog "getting hard" doesn't mean anything.. in the "is he interested in sex?" sense anyway. firstly, it can happen when he gets excited (i'd say him getting excited about you is a good sign of start of a good relationship). secondly, dogs don't "get hard" before sex nor when they anticipate sex like we do.

This is our second day with him, I didn't try doing anything with him. I was getting ready to workout and sit on the floor and he instantly started sitting his butt on my legs and was getting hard along with doing some "weird" movements. Didn't let it get further than that because that just happened on front of my other family members 😅 is this a good sign?
Absolutely...! 🥳

But you need to check posts on how to train your companion on "ques". I read one post where a member said she does not allow her companion to do anything sexual if their outside a particular room :gsd_love: and the guy has accepted their ritual lol and behaves when they are not in "the play room" and he knows once she goes towards that room he is right on her tail to confirm if its time to play or not.

This is exactly what i'll be doing when i have my own place (Another thing to note of between lovers, is that there are those lovers who are not "humpers" but great eaters... and vice versa. So please take note of this.)

allow her companion to do anything sexual if their outside a particular room :gsd_love: and the guy has accepted their ritual lol and behaves when they are not in "the play room" and he knows once she goes towards that room he is right on her tail to confirm if its time to play or not.
This is a fabled BS. Because as long as you have a very horny dog, using a specific towel or a room is not going to be 100% reliable ever. On top of that it is totally unnecessary because a normal person without any clues or experience will not accuse you of being zoo if you dog attempts to mount you in public especially not without any other supporting evidence. If the dog does mount your leg or anything like that all you need to do is laugh about it, shake your dog off and reposition yourself to deflect any more attempts. Animals refuse sexual advances from their mates all the time, refusing your dog in an inappropriate moment is completely normal and will not break your dog.

If you are so much afraid of a dog showing sexual interest in you, it is much easier to keep him sexually satisfied. Jerk him off before you have a visit and jerk him off every other day (if he wants to) and you are going to limit his sexual advances in inappropriate moments to basically nothing. This is much more easily manageable than keeping a dog sexually frustrated for a week and stressing about inappropriate mounting outside of your safe room. :D

The calming effect of masturbation is very visible and undeniable and used by professional dog handlers before dog shows or work for working dogs. So you can even tell your family or partners that for exactly this reason you are going to learn how to jerk your dog off and do it regularly. Now you do not have to hide your dog's sexual behavior at all.

was getting hard along with doing some "weird" movements.
Was he getting hard or was his penis slipping out of the sheath?
It is quite normal for especially larger dogs that the tip slips out when they sit down and it either means nothing or some dogs use the blood in the penis to cool off similar to their tongue.

Last edited:
Dogs can get an erection just because they are curious or confused about what you are doing it's not really a sign of anything otherwise. He was just curious about what you were doing if he were horny he would have tried to mount you or would have been circling you checking you out if you will.

Sometimes when I’m really mad an try to get my bf’s rotties 2 sit… they’ll start showing their lipstick 💄…. That’s even if I can get ‘em to listen at all.

Back