Do you work with animals?

Do you work with animals?

• Yes, I currently work with animals.

• No, I do not currently work with animals but have.

• No, I don't work with animals and never have.

• I volunteer with animals.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BeastMelon

Tourist
Just curious. I do NOT want any information that may harm you or your livelihood or career. I am not asking what you do, nor am I asking for a written response. I am just curious as to how many of us are involved with animals professionally.

I selected "No, I don't work with animals and never have." Looking back at things, I wish that I had when I was younger. Even if my career path was never oriented towards that line of work. Working for a shelter would be too depressing for me, as all the shelters in my area are "kill-shelters" but I wish I would have at least volunteered for some sort of animal work when I was younger. Now I work a 40 hour a week office job and have too many responsibilities to realistically do so.

If us millennials ever get to see retirement, I'll probably do so then.

I selected "No, I don't work with animals and never have." Looking back at things, I wish that I had when I was younger. Even if my career path was never oriented towards that line of work. Working for a shelter would be too depressing for me, as all the shelters in my area are "kill-shelters" but I wish I would have at least volunteered for some sort of animal work when I was younger. Now I work a 40 hour a week office job and have too many responsibilities to realistically do so.

If us millennials ever get to see retirement, I'll probably do so then.
You never know what the future may hold, I have a Software Engineering degree and was the head programmer for a communications company, but then the dot com crash happened and I lost a $#@% load of money and my job. I asked myself what is important to me. Now I own a small cattle farm and run a boarding kennel for large+ breed dogs. I work way more hours than I ever did programming for far less money. So am I happier? For the most part yes.

You never know what the future may hold, I have a Software Engineering degree and was the head programmer for a communications company, but then the dot com crash happened and I lost a $#@% load of money and my job. I asked myself what is important to me. Now I own a small cattle farm and run a boarding kennel for large+ breed dogs. I work way more hours than I ever did programming for far less money. So am I happier? For the most part yes.

Interesting life story! I also come from a similar background of IT work but was an independent contractor and when the covid pandemic hit all work pretty much stopped. But now I had all the free time to discover myself and true motives of my life and now pursuing work in the dog industry. You're spot on about the money and work situation haha. On bad days I'll be thinking what did I get myself into but for the majority it really does bring me happiness.

I've never worked in an official animal shelter, or something similar, but I did help my auntie look after her rabbits, birds, and dogs occasionally when I was a child.

I don't work with animals but, I do have animals as pets.

Chicken which are extremely comical.
Highland cows.
Alpacas.
Cats.
Two dogs.

Back