Do you like the new features from the latest update?

FloofyNewfie

The Floofy Administrator
Staff member
So, as many of you have noticed since the last update to ZooVille, a few things have changed to multiple functions of the forum. The most apparent of which is the more sleek and compact text toolbar. But there have been many updates that you might not be aware of quite yet. Here's some of the changes...

Text Toolbar:

Old Text Toolbar:
1623619619538.png

New Text Toolbar:
1623619825744.png

Account Banners:

Many of you will be happy to know that account banners now exist on ZooVille! When someone hovers over your username/icon, if you've selected an account banner the other users will be able to see it in the background of the popup window. Should you choose one, you'll need to click on your profile and upload a banner.

1623620207794.png

Media Upload/Presentation:

Uninserted attachments for both .MP4 videos and also pictures will now produce their own thumbnails in a very eye friendly format, and attachments will now display horizontally, instead of vertically before uploading/while editing a post. The insert processes to insert your media into your post should also now be a little easier as well.

After uploading:
1623621449372.png

Before Uploading: (this is a different post...)
1623621571335.png

This is not a comprehensive list of all the changes since the last upload, but simply a few that stuck out immediately. There have been a lot of minor changes as well, such as banned users no longer appearing in your watchers list, as an example.

-------------------------------------------

I know some people are against change of any form. So what do you think of the new update and the new features? I know there's been a few likes and criticisms (such as the notification tray not "auto reading" posts after clicking on the bell icon.) So far I really like the changes myself. It only took a day or two to get used to the new text toolbar and overall I feel it's an improvement over the old one and is a step in the right direction. I also love the banner feature and the media upload functionality. I'd like to hear what you have to say... love it, hate it, indifferent? What are some other changes you've noticed as well?

If you see any bugs feel free to post about them in the Zooville Feedback and bug reporting thread.

Call me a Boomer, but the fact is, I value content over eye-candy, and strongly tend toward the "if it ain't broke, why fix it"? philosophy.

As someone who hates when websites arbitrarily change the way things look, I hate the banners (also the banners give yet another avenue to the dickpic idiots, yeah for double dick pic). I've used my adblock to block all banner images, but the information overlay was also changed to make it readable on top of the image. So while the banners are gone that overlay is godaweful ugly depending on what kind of image it auto formatted to be readable on top of, some have this obscene double drop shadow on a white box.

I didn't mind the old text toolbar and I wouldn't mind the new one either, IF in private messages the window that shows emojis wouldn't be hiden in a menu.
I love the banners, they're great!
The new media thingy is good, in most cases makes it easier to play stuff, although I do sometimes encounter something like a codec problem, the browser plays the .mp4 file for me just as a sound. For video I need to download that and open with VLC. I suppose this is a problem on my side, anybody knows how to fix that please?
Overall, good small update :)

Not sure if this is to do with the update or not... but pop-ups like when you enter a partial username and it gives you a selection of users and emoticons do not work in TOR Browser (based on Firefox). A "security" forum I use it on based on an older XenoForum, the popups work fine.

I like the old one better. It does not really matter though. What about the fact that anyone who is not a registered member can read our posts? Seriously? If they are not one of us and they have no intention of joining us then they should not be able to read our comments.

I’m seriously disappointed about the fact that German shepherd and Husky smily emogis appear to have vanished 😢 now I’m stuck with lame human ones.

Back