Do you ever sing to your dogs?

I have little songs and rhymes that I will sing to them at certain times. While I think they are amused by them, I do it more for my own amusement.

Every day,. I dance around him too, usually he just gets excited and jumps up in me as I dance.

Of course. We play…a lot. I talk to him and I do sing. He is the only one who is not a critic! Lol.

Play is a big part of our relationship and singing and talking is a part of play. I admit some of it is pretty silly, but in the moment I like it and I have never heard him complain or laugh at me

Nah. That would be cruelty to animals. Dogs do seem to appreciate singing, though. The dogs would form an audience for my mom when she sang.

We have a piano in our place and my bio-puppies like to hang out underneath there. So whenever I play and sing, of course they're in earshot, but sometimes they see me sitting at the piano and playing as a sign of "I'm gonna bother you and force my head underneath your hands so you have to pet me!" It's adorable ♥

I sing to my rat and guinea pig all the time.
I... sing showtunes and musical bits from shoes.
The ratty loves it, it's the only thing that coaxes him out when he's tucked away deep in his cage.
Guineaboy just knows it means food time :)

Edit: It's mostly from Centaurworld

Last edited:
It's funny- I've done that to the dogs in my life as far back as I can remember- far before I hopped on the "zoo train".
I always kinda figured it was my natural tendency towards making music and the excitement I feel being around dogs. Nice to see I'm not the only one who's done it (y)

Occasionally. Although I do have a habit of singling around my two doggy girls a lot, even if not necessarily directed towards them. That said, when I whip out my guitar I'll usually sing to them for the 30 or so seconds it captures their attention.

All the time! Finally! I knew I wasn't going crazy! 😆 Before my boy passed I would sing to him every night and I don't think he could sleep well if I didn't sing him his favorite song.... Talk me Down by Troye Sivan. I would also play guitar for him sometimes and that made him very content.

Howling is the only kind of singing I've done with them, and they've often gladly joined in. Though I would totally sing love songs to my canine mate, but only if the song was playing on the stereo. I find the sound of my own solo voice distracting when attempting to sing lol

I've made up daft little songs and ditties for years for my dogs usually involving their name. Especially my Westie as l used to carry him most places. Bizarrely as lm writing this lm singing it. He passed last November and lm still singing and talking to him. 🤦

My husband and I sing to our girl all the time. 😀 We like taking popular songs and changing the lyrics around so that she is the main event or the love interest.

Back