• Not feathered

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Does not matter

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

pes

Staff member
Regardless of scientific evidence.
Which version of dinosaurs do you find more attractive?
9.png
th-3154106468.jpg

Depends on the species. A million things are lumped together as "dinosaurs" and none of them have any taxonomic relation to each other. A tricerotops with feathers would be patentedly rediculus.

This is a fun post. Not a scientific discussion. :D Of course there are species with and without feathers or partially feathered, or species with something in between of feathers and something else or species with proto-feathers.
Now I personally grew up on featherless dinos and already loved them and now I love the fluffy ones even more. :D

Parrotceratops_s.jpg
Not that bad in my opinion. :p

Unfeathered and 90s style.

This is a fun post. Not a scientific discussion. :D Of course there are species with and without feathers or partially feathered, or species with something in between of feathers and something else or species with proto-feathers.
Now I personally grew up on featherless dinos and already loved them and now I love the fluffy ones even more. :D

View attachment 331894

Those weren't feathered. Therapods were.

Depends on the species. Proto feathers or feather like features was definitely a very early trait in dinosaurs, as evidence has been found for it in both the major branches. The variety is likely better compared to something like hair, where mammals may lose it if or where it hinders them, such as in water or at great size.

For those who find it hard to settle their jurassic park nostalgia, consider how silly it would be to consider mammals hairless just because of whales and hippos lack it.
Another commonly overlooked yet similar query regarding dinosaurs is that of their lips. Many depictions of predatory dinosaurs have teeth on full display, no lip covering, like a crocodile. Yet there's very little reason that they wouldn't keep their teeth protected from the elements like many other terrestrial predators, such as monitor lizards, bears, and canines.

All of this is to say, does your feathery therapods have luscious lippers or nah? 🤔

Reactions: pes
Both the feathered troodon and the naked female deinonychus I used as examples have in my highly scientific experienced opinion highly kissable lips.

They were never extinct. Only the real big ones were gone. You can see them everywhere flying around. BIRDS are dinosaurs. 👍🏻

Unfortunately some of the species I would love to see up close and pet did go extinct.
Certain species of birds of prey are incredibly beautiful animals up close. All the visualizations we get of dinosaurs are educated (or sometimes less educated :D ) guesses of what they might have looked like. And even those are already beautiful.
In reality these animals would have a massive potential to rival the most beautiful animals we have today.

I much prefer featherless dinosaurs. From a completely non-sexual aesthetic viewpoint. I have zero attraction to them but they are cool. Feathers make them a lot less cool and a lot less intimidating. They're basically no different than a cassowary at that point. I prefer not to think of dinosaurs as oversized chickens.

View attachment 331894
Behold, the Baroqueasaurus

I don't think all dinos had feathers, but it is clear to paleontologists many of them had. And personally I love the idea of dinosaurs having beautify and colourful feather patterns

I don’t remember which one, but in one of the ‘Jurassic Park’ movies.
There is a scene that begins by showing a foot. So I at first thought of some type of dinosaur. When it zoomed back, I suddenly saw it was a crow,

Just be glad that we discovered all the dinosaurs hundreds of years ago. Could you imagine what we'd call them if we had discovered them a couple of years ago?

Instead of "Tyrannosaurus Rex" we'd have called them something like "Heckin' Chonkosaurus" or some crap! 😂

If not extinct the T. Rex and Brontosaurus would have evolved like this :

Attachments

• 9733A903-6026-420F-B6C5-6FD95ED2EB8D.jpeg
    9733A903-6026-420F-B6C5-6FD95ED2EB8D.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back