Did you tell your parents about your zoo interests?

Have you told your parents about your zoo interests?

• Yes (I told my parents)

Votes: 86 8.4%
  • No (I did not tell my parents)

Votes: 939 91.6%

• Total voters
I told my mother at one point, wish I hadn't mostly because there was no good reason for me to do so and it just added an awkwardness for a while.
Shortly after my girl died we were talking on the phone and she foolishly said, "It's just a dog" and we had a huge fight. She knew better and meant well, but it wasn't taken well. I got rather butt-hurt, pointed out that my girl wasn't "just a dog" and that perhaps my mother should go fuck herself. I ignored her for about a year, but she eventually apologized and in the end we ended up a lot closer.

If I had it to do all over, I'd SFTU.

For the record, my close friends know but my parents do not. As a male, my mother would be happy if I had "any" partner but I have decided that it is a kindness just to leave it uncomplicated to be identified as a "singleton" One of my most painful memories was how happy my mother was when I elected to euthanize one of my partners because the house wouldn't have all that dog hair, quote - unquote.

As a child I was caught playing with a dog once. So maybe my mom thinks it was a one time things.

But I would never tell my parents. Pretty sure the only person I’ve ever felt comfortable with telling has been my boyfriend. I once accidentally slipped a joke to a few friends online while extremely drunk(and depressed) but that was ‘a joke’ as I tell them.

Frankly, if I could I said. Not because I want, but because I am burdened by all these secrets and I want to get rid of them, I want to be honest, but I understand that I can not do this. I do not regret who I am, but I understand that the truth is sometimes too wrong for others. So no, I didn’t.

Frankly, if I could I said. Not because I want, but because I am burdened by all these secrets and I want to get rid of them, I want to be honest, but I understand that I can not do this. I do not regret who I am, but I understand that the truth is sometimes too wrong for others. So no, I didn’t.

Totally agree. The constant hiding and secrets and, for me, sometimes outright lies is a huge burden. It has helped me somewhat coming out to other zoos in RL.

Totally agree. The constant hiding and secrets and, for me, sometimes outright lies is a huge burden. It has helped me somewhat coming out to other zoos in RL.
Once I almost confessed, but I stopped half a word and realized that if I now say at least a word, I will lose them forever. Maybe once, but not now.

Yes, I have told my parents. There reactions were not positive, my fathers being very negative, i think because he associates zoophilia with pedophilia, but I'm not positive. But I explained as much as I could and gave them time and they still think it's wrong, but don't reject me, it's not really brought up ever. I told them 1 month ago, so I'll see what happens. Funnily enough I told my brother as well and he didn't care at all.

Why the hell would ANYone purporting to be in their right mind do this to themselves or their loved ones? Why would anyone discuss sexlives with parents? Why pass our stresses on to others we supposedly love?

It's about honesty. Some gay people come out to their parents, so zoos can come out to their parents as well (assuming that one's parents won't "spread the word" to other people). It also depends on the attitude of one's parents, and whether one's parents can be trusted to keep a secret. On Beast Forum, some zoos said that when they told their parents that they were zoo, they learned that their parents were also secretly zoo.

It seems most zoos are very secretive and dishonest (secretive in relation to family members). Note that I'm using the word "dishonest" in a literal sense (in other words, not as a value judgement). There's nothing wrong with hiding zoo interests from one's parents -- each situation is different. That being said, there was a poll like this on Beast Forum, and about 80% on the BF poll didn't tell their parents -- but the poll on this thread is 97% of people not telling their parents.

Last edited:
My sex life isn’t my parents’ business.

Technically, it is about revealing one's overall zoo orientation (sexuality) to one's parents, similar to a gay person revealing their sexual orientation. So someone says to their parents, "I'm sexually attracted to animals", not "I have sex with animals". Still, I see your point, it follows that someone who is attracted to animals will probably have sex with them.

Technically, it is about revealing one's overall zoo orientation (sexuality) to one's parents, similar to a gay person revealing their sexual orientation. So someone says to their parents, "I'm sexually attracted to animals", not "I have sex with animals". Still, I see your point, it follows that someone who is attracted to animals will probably have sex with them.
I'm heterosexual, not zoosexual. I do naughty things with male dogs sometimes. I'm pretty sure my parents would find it disturbing if I told them. My mom is a totally innocent old lady.. growing up my parents slept in separate beds, in separate rooms. One time she asked me questions about my sex with an ex and it was the most awkward/uncomfortable conversation I have ever had in my life. I like to avoid all of that.

No way.. My parents are tolerant, but they wouldn't understand this.Once when I was leaving the house and go into the stable father joked that I should find a girlfriend because he want grandchildren ... or if I want to make grandchildren with a mare ? ... I was afraid to go back home. But he was just kidding.. he didn't know that he was almost right.

No way.. My parents are tolerant, but they wouldn't understand this.Once when I was leaving the house and go into the stable father joked that I should find a girlfriend because he want grandchildren ... or if I want to make grandchildren with a mare ? ... I was afraid to go back home. But he was just kidding.. he didn't know that he was almost right.

You could always come out and then try to explain it to them. You said your parents are tolerant, perhaps they would be tolerant of zoo also.

CetaceanLover23 said:
No. My parents found out themselves. They’re not for it, but they are not stopping me. But they give me crap about it all the time.

How did they find out about your zoo interests?

You could always come out and then try to explain it to them. You said your parents are tolerant, perhaps they would be tolerant of zoo also.

How did they find out about your zoo interests?
Maybe yes, but it's too risky... You know what i mean... Mother would imagine that im having sex with mare, goat, sheep .. it would be bad for them...

Back