Dealing with reposts

That's fair. In that case, if it's possible to merge and remove the old post with an edit, I would merge to the main thread, remove the original through an edit-out, and link in the edit to the new one within the thread.

This would preserve the thread, allow the better quality post to remain, and keep improving the experience with high-end content.

I'm not entirely sure how it's handled in the back, they may do that, but I'm not sure, also have to work within the limits and addons for Xenforo

I'm not entirely sure how it's handled in the back, they may do that, but I'm not sure, also have to work within the limits and addons for Xenforo
Yeah. I've worked with Discourse, so I can't really take a stance on Xenforo without having my own instance of it. I've worked with Discourse for 4 years though. That and older forum systems from around the 2000s era (though it's been years).

If it's possible, that's the route I'd take. If not, I'm cool with whatever.

Yeah. I've worked with Discourse, so I can't really take a stance on Xenforo without having my own instance of it. I've worked with Discourse for 4 years though. That and older forum systems from around the 2000s era (though it's been years).

If it's possible, that's the route I'd take. If not, I'm cool with whatever.

I feel like I've used discourse for something before, probably a guild board.

Technical solution to this problem is basically a dead end. There is no point in discussing an automated way of detecting duplicates because nobody from the admin team is going to implement that.

Since currently if we get a repost report it does not usually have a link to the other thread's, we go the path of least resistance.
There is no possible way for a mod to guess where the other thread is, so the reported content is simply deleted on good faith that the reporter did not lie.
Usually you can also tell that it is an old video that very very likely was posted before or such.

Back