Dealing with loss

DaddyDomDog

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
How do you deal with loss of a fur friend?

Part of what has me hesitant to become active is establishing a bond and having it cut some day.

Life spans don't match well, so I am afraid of bonding...

So how do you deal with loss of a loved one?

It’s going to hit hard. Really hard. I probably won’t be in a good place for a long time when that time comes. But I know it’s coming, and it’s just a fact you have to accept. You don’t get them for very long, so you have to make the absolute most out of the time you have.

It’s going to hit hard. Really hard. I probably won’t be in a good place for a long time when that time comes. But I know it’s coming, and it’s just a fact you have to accept. You don’t get them for very long, so you have to make the absolute most out of the time you have.
Yeah I don't imagine it's possible to prepare for the loss. If I get anywhere I hope it's a long and happy journey.

No, there is no way to prepare for it. But you do have to accept that it is going to happen before it does. Or else you’ll really go off the deep end when it does. My girl may only be here for a small portion of my life, but I will be here for her entirety. Until her last day she is going to feel happy, loved, and safe by my side.

No, there is no way to prepare for it. But you do have to accept that it is going to happen before it does. Or else you’ll really go off the deep end when it does. My girl may only be here for a small portion of my life, but I will be here for her entirety. Until her last day she is going to feel happy, loved, and safe by my side.
I wish you a happy and long life together.

you can't prepare for it and then can't deal with it... not really. you'll probably keep telling yourself it will be okay maybe someday and it just won't. how could it? things will never be the same, part of you will never be there...

How do you deal with loss of a fur friend?

Part of what has me hesitant to become active is establishing a bond and having it cut some day.

Life spans don't match well, so I am afraid of bonding...

So how do you deal with loss of a loved one?
Even without any sexually related activity, losing a pet is hard. I had several pet cats growing up losing them was hard. But when I lost Cupcake it felt like my insides had been torn out, I couldn't explain to people why it hurt so bad it just did. Now I can honestly say it was because of the physical/sexual bond he and I had as well as the emotional one.

Back