Cute things your partners do.

Daneζ

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
I couldn’t find any threads like this, but if there is one let me know and I’ll go to it.

I just want to hear about all of the goofy and adorable things that your animal companions do that put a smile on your face.

Here are some of the things my girl does that melts my heart.

1. when I wake up in the morning and she’s asleep with her head on my chest, especially when that is not the way that we fell asleep.

2. Whenever she gets her zoomies and runs up and down the hall or around the yard with the typical goofy Dane face 😂

3. Whenever I’m laying on the ground and she comes over and looks down at me with her big floppy lips.

4. Whenever she gathers up her favorite toys and puts them in a pile next to her while she sleeps.

I could go on all day with her adorable qualities, but I’ll stop there for now😊.

Last edited:
My GSD absolutely has to give me a hug every time I come home from work. He waits at the door for and as soon as it’s open, he’s up on my shoulders. People have made rude comments about his jumping and “poor manners” but I love tha he does it.

My GSD absolutely has to give me a hug every time I come home from work. He waits at the door for and as soon as it’s open, he’s up on my shoulders. People have made rude comments about his jumping and “poor manners” but I love tha he does it.
My girl will run at me full speed and jump and plant her front paws in the center of my chest as hard as she can. She then runs circles around me as I walk towards the house. He zoomies only last a few minutes, and then she wants to get on the bed and cuddle 🥰. She doesn’t try to tackle anyone else when they show up to the house, which is good lol. But when she does it to me I think it’s so cute.

At home, my girl sometimes acts like she oh so had enough of my shit, but, interestingly, as long as I don't notice her she'll stay near me. However, when any of us are not feeling well, she'll come and love to cuddle. Outside, she's like my shadow.
Also, after giving her food or coming home from a walk, she loves to lick my face, arms and/or legs, like some sort of 'thank you' :husky_happysmile:

At home, my girl sometimes acts like she oh so had enough of my shit, but, interestingly, as long as I don't notice her she'll stay near me. However, when any of us are not feeling well, she'll come and love to cuddle. Outside, she's like my shadow.
Also, after giving her food or coming home from a walk, she loves to lick my face, arms and/or legs, like some sort of 'thank you' :husky_happysmile:
I actually carry a baby mattress between my to shops because my Dane girl likes to follow me around during the day, and I don’t want her to have to lay on the concrete.

Thank you kisses are the best! When I see my girl itching at a spot, I’ll usually scratch it for her. Whenever I get done she will usually do a couple happy circles and like my hand 😊.

My girl is a long hair GSD and not over the top affectionate but she does have a few adorable ways of showing affection.

Nuzzling my face and snout punching me in the balls 🤣

I love it when she rolls on her back. She’ll sometimes hold my hand in her mouth.

Also I find it really cute when she pees standing up which she just started doing with her first heat.

Not my partner, but my cat will drag herself across the hall floor by her front paws/claws to get loves and pets on occasion. Even better she tries to convince you to come to her with little trills and big sad kitty eyes.

One time she wanted my wife to pet here and the wife declared, "I ain't walking over to play Russian roulette belly rubs. You come here if you want scritches." The cat dragged herself down the hall from the bathroom door all the way to my wife's feet in the bedroom.

My boy always gives me a big hug when I come home and leaves a film of slimy drule all over my ear. If I'm extra lucky he'll do both sided so I don't look silly...

He'll sit down when I ask him to come with me. And when I say OK good bye and walk off he comes bounding.

Climes on top of me in bed in the morning to wake me up.

When he gets a little horny He grabbs a specific jumper and brings it to me to put on so I won't get scratches as he... well... cuddles me...

Newfie girl: She likes to put both of her front paws together when lying down. She will rest her head on her paws with the very tips of her front paws poking out past her muzzle. She'll look up at me with her big warm brown eyes. Her eyes have a habit of looking directly into my soul. Every time she does this my heart melts a little bit because it's just too cute. Out of my two, she's the only one that does this.

Mutt mix: When she sees me heading towards my bed she likes to race me to the bed itself. She'll hop on and then immediately flip onto her back and sort of rolls around while on her back to get comfortable. She sure knows how to grab my attention by being super adorable! I always give her a nice belly rub.

My girl loves tennis balls that squeak so we have a bunch of them around. She usually has her favorite one with her at all times now but if she notices another one outside she will drop her favorite ball and sneak up on the other one, then do a modified fox dive onto it to make it squeak before going crazy playing with it. So cute! I love watching her do that!

My boy is very smart, he will always come find me if he thinks I need to check something out or if he needs something, he has many different ways of asking for different things. If I cannot understand what he wants I can tell him to show me and he will lead me to the problem. Usually a toy he has managed to get stuck in or under a piece of furniture or some random spot outside. Makes me laugh every time when I'm like "dude, there's nothing there I don't see anything" only to find it a few moments later. His excited "I knew it" look when I pull a ball out from somewhere it should never have been is adorable. I think being able to communicate the way we do is cute. Smart boi!

My husky boy loves to be between my legs or under them all the time. He crawls under them while watching tv or something and he's been doing that since he was a pup but now he's not that small and he ends up forcing my legs up so he can crawl and lay down under them. Or when standing up doing the dishes I just feel my legs forced open from behind, I look down and I just see a beautiful snout panting happily from above hehe. I love him so much :husky_love::husky_love:

Since my last reply, my girl stated to do another super sweet thing:
When I tell my girl to sit from far away, she'll lay down and that's where the fun begins: Well, typically she's super silent and doesn't even do a peep when she's most excited. However, after she laid down, she goes batshit crazy and starts talking and howling, not loud but still. If I'm able to collect myself enough to ask her to roll over, she often stands up and flops over, rolls around and talks some more. Sometimes, though, she runs to and against me and then flops over. She only does this when I ask her to sit from far away. It just so out of character and it cracks me up big time :husky_happysmile:

Oh, and last time I forgot to mention our feeding ritual: It doesn't matter where she is, what she's doing or how tired she is, as soon as I grab her bowl her head bolts up and she sprints to me. In anticipation, she sits down with her biggest grin and watches each and every move while I prepare her meal. When we're going to her usual feeding spot, she leads the way, backwards, while eagerly jumping just to get glimpses of her bowl. Before I finally give the go, she smashes her paws against my hand in turns. We do this two times a day and, still, it is so sweet and brightens my mood everytime!

Not my partner (more like a son than anything), but my boy (cat) is so so affectionate. He loves to be held, he's very much a shoulder cat.

Sometimes after my shower, he will insist on grooming my hair. This morning when I got out of the shower, he was sitting on the counter so I decided to lean over to kiss his forehead. When I went to move away, he reached out and pawed my face to stop me. He immediately started bunting my cheeks. It was so sweet, the equivalent of him holding my face to kiss me ❤️

I was hoping to find a thread like this.

My canine friend does the head-held-high-proud-prancing- "I got a toy" thing, too, and I love that.

And we really like kissing and stuff, it makes me just melt. Sometimes though, I'll pull back, swooning, and he'll burp in my face, and its hilarious.

Also, we play-fight, and he's a vocal fellow, generally, but especially then, and I love his voice. I could go on all day, he's the best.

It's springtime again, one thing my Newfie girl loves doing is trampling over dandelions ready to disperse their seeds! She seems to alter her walking path just to trample them! It's pretty hilarious actually, I have no idea why she does this. Back when I posted my last response I had completely forgotten about this, but now the spring is here she's doing it again! 😂

I always worried that I'd have a dog who was more independent...not that it's a bad thing a dog can be however it wants i just love cuddling with dogs, especially big dogs...and I can happily say my dog, no matter how big or small the surface will make sure the two of us get our snuggle time in no matter what it's absolutely adorable.

Back