current and former students: what is (or was) your major/focus area of study?

Currently studying the long term effects of leaving college like Misha is, and I was studying geology prior

I think as long as we don't say where we went to college we should be ok, unless we did some really far out independent major (which I wasn't)

Yeah....Thats what I thought....til our resident stalker-boy played the doxx game on me last week. Y'all be careful

There's so few of my skillset, I may as well post my address. Let's just say engineering major with a stupid line of extension courses as I needed them (Psych was my fav, as long as the company paid for it.)

I studied vet medicine and animal production.

Back in the days, when I was about to pic up a career, I had many options to choose from, it took time and serious thinking to finally decide. Also, I had the chance to stick around with real professionals from the 2 main career options.

I was aware of my zoo tendencies, not yet fully accepting myself, and because of that, I was reluctant to become a veterinarian. Long story short: I picked it, and that was the best F*** decision I've made.

I'm so glad of the ppl I've met, the 2 and 4 legged friends I've made along the way. At first, I thought my zoophilia was some kind of a cruel curse, but now, I see it as a gift, I can easily connect with my patients, it gives me an above-average motivation to keep going; my colleagues recognize my trajectory, talent and passion. I just can't see myself doing something else for living.

Despite all the wonders in my life, I live with the fear of ppl finding out about the true nature of my relationship with the lovely sheep of mine. Deep down, I know they wouldn't care how many good things I've made, how many animals I've cured... all the hard work and my carrer would be gone instantly (not taking into account the law). We like it or not, ppl still perceive us as some sort of despicable sick (almost-)person that rapes any animal in their way...

P.S.: sorry for this little bible I wrote.

I studied vet medicine and animal production.

Back in the days, when I was about to pic up a career, I had many options to choose from, it took time and serious thinking to finally decide. Also, I had the chance to stick around with real professionals from the 2 main career options.

I was aware of my zoo tendencies, not yet fully accepting myself, and because of that, I was reluctant to become a veterinarian. Long story short: I picked it, and that was the best F*** decision I've made.

I'm so glad of the ppl I've met, the 2 and 4 legged friends I've made along the way. At first, I thought my zoophilia was some kind of a cruel curse, but now, I see it as a gift, I can easily connect with my patients, it gives me an above-average motivation to keep going; my colleagues recognize my trajectory, talent and passion. I just can't see myself doing something else for living.

Despite all the wonders in my life, I live with the fear of ppl finding out about the true nature of my relationship with the lovely sheep of mine. Deep down, I know they wouldn't care how many good things I've made, how many animals I've cured... all the hard work and my carrer would be gone instantly (not taking into account the law). We like it or not, ppl still perceive us as some sort of despicable sick (almost-)person that rapes any animal in their way...

P.S.: sorry for this little bible I wrote.
i thoroughly enjoyed reading your response and insight, thank you very much! the fear you live with is quite understandable, i can imagine it’s a bittersweet thing to enjoy what you do but also live with that fear. but at the same time, i’m delighted to hear that you’re making a living off of something you love and are passionate about!

I'll say computer science as my exact major is a bit too specific for me to share.

accountant, financial advisor >>> accelerated part-time training, and online courses

Oh God, the certification exam is tough; good luck when you get to it!

Computer Programming for me! However, I left university a couple years ago to run my own business!

English major. I want to go on to get my master’s in library science and a law degree. This opens me up to the possibility of being a legal librarian which is exactly as boring as it sounds. Pays well, and I don’t usually have to talk to people.

Back