Content Policy

kdi69

Tourist
This is not a complaint, and I'm perfectly happy to abide by whatever rules or recommendations are put in place to encourage a healthy, smoothly-functioning community here, but I did have a thought today as I was reading through the Terms and Rules section (it's hyperlinked at the bottom of, I believe, every page, and is well worth a look if you've never bothered). Here's the excerpt that caught my eye:

"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content." (emphasis mine; link)

I think that is too much latitude for me to feel comfortable posting the content that I have on here (personal stuff, I mean). I've been a writer, in some capacity, for many years, since I was in my second year of college, and I would probably turn down most paid offers with that kind of language. Again, this is not a criticism or complaint, BUT if anyone is wondering why I don't post more (or any) of my own content, that would be the reason why. I do enjoy posting it for folks who enjoy it, but I'd be fearful of doing so given the language in the Terms and Rules section.

That said, thank you very much to all those who have posted incredible content here, especially the M/M dog section, which is full of wonderful material and is very fun. :)

Reactions: pes
That basically just means you're giving them permission to host your content. Otherwise, somebody could post something to the site and then sue the owners for hosting content without permission. Literally every online platform has that in its TOS.

That basically just means you're giving them permission to host your content. Otherwise, somebody could post something to the site and then sue the owners for hosting content without permission. Literally every online platform has that in its TOS.
And at least at the moment, with the lone exception of the post from Links, there isn't a single online platform to which I would post my content, given the political/social climate here in TX at the moment. Sadly. I hope in the not-too-distant future things swing back the other way substantially, though I wouldn't say I'm holding my breath. I just wanted to point out why I felt it was unwise/inadvisable, and have something to point to if someone asks me why they aren't seeing clips or pics from me. I'd prefer to contribute more, but for me, at least, that doesn't feel safe or smart, and the TOS only served to strengthen that feeling.

Back