Considering 'Marriage'?

bertapup

Tourist
I've been debating for a while of getting a new dog, haven't had one in years. Long story short, I feel more attracted to my animals than people. I'm considering being exclusive to just my dog (if I do get another) and maybe finding a pair of matching collars for around the house. Has anyone else done this? Or am I nuts

I'm exclusive, but I don't feel some sort of symbol is necessary or wanted, at least not for me. If it makes you happy, have at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I am able to get a house than dog because I can’t right now as I live in an apartment I am pretty sure I will be exclusively only with him. So no you are not nuts

dream about marrying a wonderful dog all the time. some time, feel more attracted both romantically and sexually to dogs and horses than people...feel more a bond and feel as if marrying would make my life complete. matching collars cute

I've been debating for a while of getting a new dog, haven't had one in years. Long story short, I feel more attracted to my animals than people. I'm considering being exclusive to just my dog (if I do get another) and maybe finding a pair of matching collars for around the house. Has anyone else done this? Or am I nuts
It seems that you fancy the concept of marriage quite a lot, since you are toying with the idea of marrying a dog you haven't met yet. That is a little crazy, but not in the clinical sense. ;)

Be careful not to project too much of your dreams onto a dog when you adopt him. Give him a chance to be himself, get to know each other and then see how your feelings actually evolve. There is no guarantee that the relationships to the dogs whom we adopt actually become what we longed for.

It seems that you fancy the concept of marriage quite a lot, since you are toying with the idea of marrying a dog you haven't met yet. That is a little crazy, but not in the clinical sense. ;)

Be careful not to project too much of your dreams onto a dog when you adopt him. Give him a chance to be himself, get to know each other and then see how your feelings actually evolve. There is no guarantee that the relationships to the dogs whom we adopt actually become what we longed for.
I don’t see anything pointing to which gender the dog might be.

There is a website that you can marry your pet on

Back