Considering getting another dog

Hunter2029

Tourist
Since my last one passed away.

But I don't want it as large as my last over 100 pound dog & yet want him big enough for protecting the house & for fun ( you know what I mean. )
Yet with a reputation to allow him to go anywhere I go & where if I ever had to keep him at a kennel while out of town. his breed would not intimidate them?

I know as an avid RV Camper that many camp grounds do not welcome some breeds.

So I appreciate your input on helping me decide?

I want him big enough to scare people from breaking into my home yet also well hung & yet very loving & ok when I'm at work for Many hours of the day & he will not mind staying out side while I'm at work?
& yes of course he will be pampered & have a nice dog House in the yard & etc.

These are some rather peculiar constraints you are giving here

"I don't want him to be over 100lbs" "I want him to be protective, but also not scary"

not even going to get into the whole idea of keeping your loved partner in a cage while you are "out of town" this is incredibly harmful and concerning. I'm unsure if you are implying with saying "his breed would not intimidate them" that someone would be taking care of him? I don't know.

I would suggest maybe rethinking some of your priorities if you would want to have another companion, to suit their needs.

In terms of breeds, maybe a Golden Retriever? A Lab? perhaps a Mix? I'm certain others would be very accepting of these breeds, and could give a headsup for potential intruders.

I don't think you will find any breed with the description you gave, in any case. it's almost like saying "I want all of the benefits of having a Dog, and none of the downsides--(reality)"

Good luck.

Back