Chat Pyramids

ShanoirII

Citizen of Zooville
This is a simple forum game which involves building 'pyramids' of emotes.
basically, to start, one person picks any emote, the next person types two of that emote, the next three, and so on.
like so:
p1: :)
p2: :) :)
p3: :) :) :)

this can keep going until a user decides to, instead of posting one more emote than the previous person, post one less instead. afterwards, everyone must continually post one less until there is only one emote again. like so:
p4: :) :) :) :)
p5: :) :) :) :) :) - peak
p6: :) :) :) :)
p7: :) :) :)
p8: :) :)
p9: :)

once there is only one emote, a number of points is earned based on how high the peak of the pyramid was.
the catch is that, if anyone ever intentionally or accidentally posts a different emote than the one the current pyramid is made of, the pyramid must be restarted from one emote and no points will be earned (the pyramid must be a minimum of five emotes wide at the peak to score points). the same person may not post twice in a row.

this makes it sort of like dont wake the mods, except anyone has the potential to play the saboteur, and the goalpost is somewhat arbitrary but greater risk gives greater reward. you can talk to other people and say stuff in your posts as long as your post has a contribution to the pyramid (and be wary of using emotes!)

SCORE : 64 + 196 + 1369 + 49 + 289 + 144 + 529 + 121 + 676 + 576 + 1024 + 121 = 5158

Largest: 41x๐ŸŒดon 4/20/2022

Last edited:
๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ . ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ . ๐Ÿบ
now that i think about it, it probably is a good idea to break up long lines to make the emotes easier to count

๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ

indeed i did boi
i first mentioned doing it on Aug 7, so that means it only took 257 days to get around to doing!
๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
im surprised nobody has trolled us yet by dropping a different emote lol
people are just too faithful i guess. theyll find their way here eventually though, and then the fun begins
Well I'm glad you finally did it! I figured it would be cool to score on the first round so I wouldn't troll, but I was waiting for someone else to stop us lol.

Well I'm glad you finally did it! I figured it would be cool to score on the first round so I wouldn't troll, but I was waiting for someone else to stop us lol.
๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
we should at least score on the first day, youre right. dont want to go off half-cocked lol. yes, when the game is young scoring is still very easy.

we scored some points!
so, to make higher pyramids worth the greater risk, ill make the amount of points earned increase exponentially with the peak of the pyramid

ill use (p - 4) ^ 2
so, for instance, our peak this time was twelve, so (12-4) = 8, 8^2 = 64
so now, our next emote can be chosen for the next pyramid

:coffee:

Back