Chat app zoo group security/longevity

Does this company remove/ban zoo groups from their service?

• Discord

Votes: 52 54.2%
  • Telegram

Votes: 41 42.7%
  • Matrix (element)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Kik

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Wickr

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Signal

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wire

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other - comment below.

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters

pes

Staff member
I am wondering what experience do people have with zoo groups being deleted by the producers of different chat apps.
For example there are reports of discord deleting/banning zoo room and so on.
If you have a good indication a zoo group/room was deleted by the company that owns the chat program you are using, vote for it.
Try to avoid voting if the room was deleted by the owner because of a flame war for example.

Keep in mind that 0 votes may just mean nobody uses that app for zoo stuff.

Last edited:
Discord I know is extremely strict and non-lenient. I think even with provactive content such as live Debates and other discussions, if someone reports the server it can be taken down, along with everyones accounts that were in the server. Also mandatory phone number for 'security'

This is why I don't use these applications anymore.

Any of the .iw servers will do a 24-48hour ban. After your third they delete your account. It looks for macip address not your static ip so vpn doesn’t necessarily let you through once you get banned

You can get banned from Discord for simply posting a meme that gets a lil' spicy if someone reports you for it. So, if you have a group of friends that like to joke around in a server, and someone else joins it and doesn't have the same sense of humor... Yeah, that can get you and the rest of the people in the server banned. It's in their TOS that they can ban you simply by not reporting something that someone else reported, even if you contributed nothing that they deem inappropriate. Literal guilt-by-association.

Discord can also retain one's information and share it with law enforcement. So if zoophilia isn't legal wherever the user lives, Discord could share relevant information with law enforcement if legally requested. There's a point in their community guidelines that states: "In general, you should not promote, encourage or engage in any illegal behavior. This is very likely to get you kicked off Discord, and may get you reported to law enforcement."

They also have a rule in their community guidelines that states "You may not share images of sadistic gore or animal cruelty." There is no subtext to this rule, so one could interpret sexual stuff with animals as "animal cruelty", even if it does no harm to the animal, whatsoever. And I know most zoophiles genuinely love their animals.

On a personal note, I encountered a potentially-damaging security flaw involving Discord bots. When I reported it to Discord, they gave me a copy-pasted response and blew off my concern. The owner of a bot created his own invite link to my private server and joined it.

Point being: Discord is unsafe.

We use threema for emergency contact in case forum goes down.

Only requirement is to purchase app. After that, you create ID. App is not tied to purchase. Can purchase from their site and download the apk. Messages are not stored in servers. Once delivered they disappear, there is also a time limit. If it does not get delivered after a certain time has elapsed the message gets nuked.

Don't take my word though, do your own research.

We use threema for emergency contact in case forum goes down.

Only requirement is to purchase app. After that, you create ID. App is not tied to purchase. Can purchase from their site and download the apk. Messages are not stored in servers. Once delivered they disappear, there is also a time limit. If it does not get delivered after a certain time has elapsed the message gets nuked.

Don't take my word though, do your own research.
I will check hat one out

Honestly it all depends on if anything gets reported. You'll have to make sure that nothing gets reported, you can post whatever you want. Trust me. I've been posting things that'll get me insta-banned on discord for years

Discord I know is extremely strict and non-lenient. I think even with provactive content such as live Debates and other discussions, if someone reports the server it can be taken down, along with everyones accounts that were in the server. Also mandatory phone number for 'security'

This is why I don't use these applications anymore.
Same reason why I’m disappointed jn Telegram. Originally got the app thinking it will be a way to separate family and “friends” but it keeps telling everyone who had my number in on there @.@

Same reason why I’m disappointed jn Telegram. Originally got the app thinking it will be a way to separate family and “friends” but it keeps telling everyone who had my number in on there @.@
Because you clicked yes when it asked permission to access your contact list. It then proceeded to compare all the phone numbers in your contacts with it's database and sends each and every one that has telegram, your contact info with a message saying HEY! Guess who just got telegram!!!!! *Your name followed by your telegram name*. Hopefully you didn't choose something like I'madogandhorsefucker.

Telegram is only as secure as you make it. You fucked up once by using your number, second by allowing it access to your contact list, and possibly a third by what screen name you chose.

I am not sure but it seems that session allows private groups of up to 100 people (I thought you could only create groups of 10 people). If it is true that you can create groups of 100 people it seems to me the best application for secure group communications.

I index a video that talks about the most secure messaging applications, it's from techlore, I recommend you to watch their channel/website, it has a lot of information about privacy and security.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-02-08 a las 13.16.24.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-02-08 a las 13.16.24.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: pes
I’ve found that smaller groups of trusted people tend to last a long time I run/help run 3-4 zoo groups on telegram that have been up and running for 5+ years now.

That first pic, is absolute bullshit. They will, have, and continue to take down groups.
It is bullshit simply because in the poll it is second in taking down zoo groups.
Plus it has a report button which obviously allows them to review what has been reported.

Discord records and keeps everything you post. You can see for yourself by filling out a data subject request with them. They will return a packet of data showing your entire chat history etc. I would not trust discord for anything but playing video games and innocent chat.

Discord records and keeps everything you post. You can see for yourself by filling out a data subject request with them. They will return a packet of data showing your entire chat history etc. I would not trust discord for anything but playing video games and innocent chat.
On top of analyzing it with AI and collaborating with authorities.

Back