Cat Food Recall, Fold Hill Foods

Thank you for the warning.

I did a bit more research and found that 130 cats have died and had their deaths correlated to eating this food.
This sure is a shame, considering most people do not even consider what they are feeding their cats. They just select the cheapest thing off the shelf and assume it will suffice, not realizing the complexities of felines and their diets. Most consumers will not even hear the warning the company sent out.

The company said they "recognized and appreciated the distress" that was caused... but given how I know these food companies, they likely are not going to give this a second thought after it has rolled over, and almost certainly are not considering the experience of these cats personally. :(

I refuse to purchase any Hill's cat foods, past experiences with canned food being black with mold or not processed properly was enough for me.
Recently when Royal Canin revamped I was forced to buy the Hill's prescription Urinary Care CD since Royal Canin Urinary SO was not available. That change of diet cost me a Memorial Day visit to the emergency vet clinic and a follow up with my regular vet to the tune of almost $800. My friend had the same experience at the same time with their cat that has bladder crystals except their cat cost thousands of dollars for emergency surgery.

I refuse to purchase any Hill's cat foods, past experiences with canned food being black with mold or not processed properly was enough for me.
Recently when Royal Canin revamped I was forced to buy the Hill's prescription Urinary Care CD since Royal Canin Urinary SO was not available. That change of diet cost me a Memorial Day visit to the emergency vet clinic and a follow up with my regular vet to the tune of almost $800. My friend had the same experience at the same time with their cat that has bladder crystals except their cat cost thousands of dollars for emergency surgery.
Ah shit I'm sorry to hear that. When I got Bear, his parent's owners worked at Hill's and warned me off of their food. But Fold Hills is a different brand, over in the UK.
I don't know how I'd make it if I didn't have my dog
That's nice but this is a thread warning about a recall on cat food????

Back