Can you get any nasty diseases from having sex with an animal?

Drayex

Lurker
Do you need to get a vet to check them for any diseases first or is the risk of cross species contamination non existent in most cases? For example if i have a cow that i'm planning on having sex with do i need to get a vet to check her out first to make sure she doesn't have any diseases? Obviously i would pose this checkup as a general check for any disease and not a check to see if the animal is safe to have sex with.

*IN GENERAL*, you're not going to catch anything from an animal by having sex with it that you can't catch from petting (no, I don't mean "heavy petting") it.

Thanks for the links. I've had a read through them and i understand a lot more now. I'll be as careful as possible with the health of any animals that i have sex with to make sure that both the animal and me stay safe from these diseases.

And still, when you get any new animal, basic deworming, parasite control and vet check are always a good idea.

With a cow, which will usually be used for breeding, and costs quite some money to keep compared to sheep, the usual STD tests are a *great* idea cause no one wants to lose a calf and season or two because he skipped testing for any abortive -ie: Clamydia- or infertility disease.

Back