Can all male dogs be trained to receive anal sex? Or will some just never tolorate it?

The one male I was with actually enjoyed receiving anal, and I'm thinking of getting a male dog for myself. If I start off with sexual play from a young age with him, and condition him to being touched in that area, would he be likely to be "receptive" so to speak? Or are some dogs just never okay with being penetrated? I would imagine being touched around his genitals/anus from a young age would normalize this behaviour for him, and make him more likely to be receptive to it.

NO !
Many males can be made to tolerate anal sex, but very few actually enjoy it.

You pay attention to their reactions. Learn how to make it pleasurable for them. If they are not enjoying it, then you just need more practice at topping. If you are on top, then you are in charge. It is your duty to make it pleasurable for your lover. If you are not intent on making it more pleasurable for your lover than it is for you, then that is contemptible. Have a sense of pride. To have a sense of pride means you want your lover to feel it more than you do.

You pay attention to their reactions. Learn how to make it pleasurable for them. If they are not enjoying it, then you just need more practice at topping. If you are on top, then you are in charge. It is your duty to make it pleasurable for your lover. If you are not intent on making it more pleasurable for your lover than it is for you, then that is contemptible. Have a sense of pride. To have a sense of pride means you want your lover to feel it more than you do.

Well said SigmatoZeta

When all is said and done, there are intact Males who will just never be interested in sex with a human. I've known intact males that weren't even interested in a bitch in heat, and a few who would not allow themselves to be touched. Since several of these were mine or critters I knew well, I don't think earlier trauma was responsible....I expect there are asexual dogs, as there are asexual people. Given a Dog's genetics, this shouldn't be surprising. Wolves are not guaranteed a chance to breed over their lifetimes; why should dogs be different? The genes are identical

This is very well said, and I agree with everything in your post. What I'm wondering is, all animals to some degree have shyness about being touched in certain areas. Their paws, for instance. I know many cats HATE having their paws touched. Most animals will shy away from being touched around their anus/genital area. They can, however be habituated to get over this, and through learning, come to associate positive feelings by being touched here, yes? I have habituated my cats to letting me play with their paws; they used to hate it before, and now they quite enjoy it when I massage their pads.

So, while a male might be shy about being touched around his genitals/anus, could he be habituated to this touch from a young age, and come to tolorate and possibly enjoy being mounted? I guess it's possible, though as saddlebum66 pointed out, perhalps for some males, they would just NEVER tolerate it.

The only reason I ask, is because I am thinking of getting a mate, but I am just unsure as to which gender I would want to get. My first inclination would be a male, but if a female would be more predisposed to being mounted, maybe that would be the better choice.

The only reason I ask, is because I am thinking of getting a mate, but I am just unsure as to which gender I would want to get. My first inclination would be a male, but if a female would be more predisposed to being mounted, maybe that would be the better choice.

I've historically been torn on male vs. female decision for same reasons. The obvious answer is one (or more!) of each. But practical considerations in life preclude that option for me now. So its a male for now. But down the road a female would be a nice addition.

What practical reason keeps you from getting a female? Obviously one of each would be the best way to go, but then having two intact dogs, things would be difficult when she goes into heat, I would imagine

What practical reason keeps you from getting a female? Obviously one of each would be the best way to go, but then having two intact dogs, things would be difficult when she goes into heat, I would imagine

I've already have three male dogs. And a cat. Living space and my own work travel requirements limit expansion of the family right now. But its temporary. The choice isn't related to mixed sex issues at all. I'd love to have a female dog or two. And I'm sure my intact boy would too!

Two of my dogs are seniors now. I always try to get a puppy ahead of those last days - helps make things less sad. So getting a girl pup might happen relatively soon.

I've often wondered this because my pitbull lets me doing everything with him EXPECT anal play, even touching his butt he immediately pulls away and I respect his boundaries so we just settle on other sexual experiences like making out, blows jobs, etc....he love sucking my cock and could do it for hours

The one male I was with actually enjoyed receiving anal, and I'm thinking of getting a male dog for myself. If I start off with sexual play from a young age with him, and condition him to being touched in that area, would he be likely to be "receptive" so to speak? Or are some dogs just never okay with being penetrated? I would imagine being touched around his genitals/anus from a young age would normalize this behaviour for him, and make him more likely to be receptive to it.
This shit is borderline abuse. Just fuck his sheath or something.

There is no training with my stud. You go near his under-tail and you may lose something you love. He is absolutely against it. And I am perfectly happy with that.
I'm not attracted to the idea of anal on dogs. Just tougher to be any sort of clean about it.

This shit is borderline abuse. Just fuck his sheath or something.

Anal sex with dogs (human penis in a dog's anus) is not intrinsically wrong, and can be done ethically (for example, with lubricant, going slow, etc.) There are some dogs that do not like anal, but there are others that do like it.

In regard to zoroasterthecat's question: male dogs can be trained to enjoy anal. There was a thread about giving anal sex to dogs in the How-To section of the old Zooville (it was lost) -- that thread said the following:

dogluver101: "This guide is for those whom have questions on the anal penetration of K9's.

A couple of key points that will be emphasized as well:

1. DON'T BE FORCEFUL
2. It takes time and patience
3. If your dog doesn't like being anally rubbed or touched, don't do it.
4. A rule of thumb is NO dog under 40 or 45 pounds in weight
5. With female dogs, Never go from the Anus to the Vulva without washing yourself very well

In my experience, both Male and Female dogs enjoy anal sex. There have been a small percentage of dogs that will not tolerate even touching under the tail.

As with anything else, it takes time and patience to work up to penetrating your dog anally. Start off with light touching under the tail and watch the dogs reaction.

--- DO NOT FORCE IT ---

If your dog is OK with touching, be slow. Touch your dog once or a few times a day with light rubbing or just holding against the anal area lightly. Be Slow. Do this for a few weeks and if he or she is still OK with it, with plenty of lubrication ( Water or water based lubricants, KY makes for an excellent source ), lubricate your finger and his or her anus very well and slowly attempt penetration by pushing your finger against and into the anus. Once again, if the dog is in discomfort or doesn't like it in any way - STOP and leave it be.

Continue with the well lubricated finger for a few weeks and work up to two fingers after a few weeks slowly. Then if two well lubricated fingers ( about the width of an average sized human penis ) is OK and the dog doesn't mind, try to insert yourself.

Inserting yourself can be done with the dog on his or her back looking up at you, or by mounting the dog and gently holding on. If your dog is OK with anal penetration, he or she will let you inside easily. If not - leave it alone

Always use Way more lubrication, if you think you have enough on the dog and yourself, use more

While playing with your dog, use lots of praise and love. They are your companion and after your done, don't just walk away - spend lots of time being close with them.

It is OK to penetrate fully and go without a condom, however if its not your dog or your not completely sure the dog does not have worms - use a condom.

Male dog tips:

Getting your male off first and then penetrating while he is cumming as well feels very good. The pulsations of his anus are from his prostate.

Rub him too while you're inside

Female dog tips:

NEVER EVER
go directly from her Anus to her Vulva. If you want to do both, wash yourself very well before even getting near her vulva area.

I would highly advise against trying with breeds smaller than a Lab or less then 40 or 45 pounds

If your dog doesn't like anal play, don't force it and move onto something else - there are always more things to do."

The thread below contains information about anal sex with dogs:

Last edited:
Yes dogs can be taught to enjoy it. For one it's best to have them when they are pups, therefore more trust can be established between you and the dog. Then when they reach an applicable age for breeding, after desensitizing them with basic brushes and strokes over their tail hole, you slowly test their receptiveness with light fingering, moving on up to a dildo, all the while using lots of lube. If at any point things feel dry, even in the slightest, always relube. You can never use too much and it makes the experience much more pleasurable be it for man or beast.. If they don't try and pull away or show any sense of fear then you should be good to go from there. Course I would recommend jerking them off regularly or letting them pound something as well, it's important for them to feel all aspects of pleasure as I find it helps them to be more sexually receptive to different experiences.

Lubricant (particularly a water-based lubricant) is important when a man puts his penis into a dog's anus. Lubricant should always be used when one has anal sex with a dog.

With two intact dogs (male and female), assuming they don't get spayed/neutered, separating them into separate areas would probably be the best solution.

Some do, my male absolutely enjoys anal and will orgasm from ass play and from me topping him. Respect, boundaries and watching body language is key. I started off just fingering him, a little rimming, small toys and of course the all important lube! Worked my way up until eventually I was able to put my cock in his ass(lubed) and we were able to finally go all the way in our relationship.

It’s a very big mixed bag in this situation.
Likelihood of them actually enjoying it is small.
But it’s not indefinitely impossible.
However training him is a bad representation of the situation all together. You don’t train love partner

This is very well said, and I agree with everything in your post. What I'm wondering is, all animals to some degree have shyness about being touched in certain areas. Their paws, for instance. I know many cats HATE having their paws touched. Most animals will shy away from being touched around their anus/genital area. They can, however be habituated to get over this, and through learning, come to associate positive feelings by being touched here, yes? I have habituated my cats to letting me play with their paws; they used to hate it before, and now they quite enjoy it when I massage their pads.

So, while a male might be shy about being touched around his genitals/anus, could he be habituated to this touch from a young age, and come to tolorate and possibly enjoy being mounted? I guess it's possible, though as saddlebum66 pointed out, perhalps for some males, they would just NEVER tolerate it.

Well...one is DESIGNED to be mounted so...I dont see the difficult choice. Unless you just want to be gay with a male dog.

Some do, my male absolutely enjoys anal and will orgasm from ass play and from me topping him. Respect, boundaries and watching body language is key. I started off just fingering him, a little rimming, small toys and of course the all important lube! Worked my way up until eventually I was able to put my cock in his ass(lubed) and we were able to finally go all the way in our relationship.

You make your experience sound even more fun and inviting than I would have already imagined it. Maybe after your dog's tailhole has had a turn, I could get on all fours for you too and be trained in the same way you trained your dog :D

You make your experience sound even more fun and inviting than I would have already imagined it. Maybe after your dog's tailhole has had a turn, I could get on all fours for you too and be trained in the same way you trained your dog :D

Been at this for a number of years for a good number of well loved partners, not just males ;) early on I’ve always been very diligent with my actions and treatment of a partner.

I’m straight when it comes to humans and bisexual(leaning more towards males) with animals but I could make an exception ;)

Been at this for a number of years for a good number of well loved partners, not just males ;) early on I’ve always been very diligent with my actions and treatment of a partner.

I’m straight when it comes to humans and bisexual(leaning more towards males) with animals but I could make an exception ;)

Given your 'usually straight with humans' approach, I'd be happy to don a pup hood and suit and anything to dogify me to enough of an extent that you could see me as another of your dogs... if only I could be treated as nicely as them when it came to the anal training of course ;)

Much like anal training with human beings, it’s critical to go slow with your pup. I started my boy out by just using a finger (wrapped in a condom and slathered with lube) to open him up gradually. I also made sure to stimulate his penis the entire time so that he would associate the feeling with something pleasurable instead of the slight discomfort of being opened up.

After a few weeks of gentle stretching, I was able to achieve a Pavlovian type response from my dog. Whenever I started to finger him, his penis would immediately start to become engorged. He was a very feisty dog normally, but he became much calmer and still when he felt me opening him up. Eventually I got him stretched enough for him to finally take my dick in his ass. I fucked a huge nut into him while masturbating him. After a couple months he somehow started to cum without my help while fucked him.

TL;DR some male dogs can enjoy anal, but if you aren’t careful and attentive to your partner, you might end up accidentally giving your dog a negative association with being mounted.

Back