Campervans and Zoo Life

I go tent camping with my dogs, and they love it. Just need our tent, a ground stake(unless the ground is too hard, then I'll tie them to a tree on their long leads etc), and the rest of our camping gear. Usually just carside camping, but on occasion we will hike into the woods and pitch up somewhere. Typically we're not super sexually active while camping, so it doesn't take much special planning or discretion really. Just climb into the tent and give em a BJ in the evening if they're being especially randy, but usually that's not the case they're just laying in the grass by the fire pit taking in the outdoor vibes ✌️. There's no wrong way to get out into nature, unless you're leaving a mess behind.

It’s not that difficult. Just have to be sure of your area. And if your doing it at night or anywhere sun can cast a shadow avoid doing it at that time.

I frequently go tent camping with my significant other Samson. We always like to find a nice secluded area to be alone in. We have a simple tent setup. We bring all the snacks we can carry, comfy pillows and blankets. I love picking a area that has some water around it, just because I like to take a swim every now and then. I let Samson run free. I make sure no one else is around and we will become intimate with each other in the wilderness and in the tent. I love being naked in the woods it makes me feel free and it just feels natural. It’s a very romantic and intimate time. I recommend it to anyone.

My love for the outdoors is a good reason why I’m glad I’m a zoo. My girl loves nature even more than I do.
And traveling with her isn’t hard. I’ve camped with her in my truck canopy in the winter (when she was tiny) and it was fun.
I guess my main caution would be to be prepared with any protective gear your partner may need and medications (rattle snake vaccine for example) that might be necessary for your destinations.
I like sleeping in my vehicles because you can do it anywhere and not get noticed but pitching a tent is great or just sleeping under the stars.

Happy trails!

My love for the outdoors is a good reason why I’m glad I’m a zoo. My girl loves nature even more than I do.
And traveling with her isn’t hard. I’ve camped with her in my truck canopy in the winter (when she was tiny) and it was fun.
I guess my main caution would be to be prepared with any protective gear your partner may need and medications (rattle snake vaccine for example) that might be necessary for your destinations.
I like sleeping in my vehicles because you can do it anywhere and not get noticed but pitching a tent is great or just sleeping under the stars.

Happy trails!
Self treating for medical emergencies is not real wise. Which do you carry, how do you apply, how often, for what snake? Do your rattlesnake meds work on Coral snakes? What if the dog is bitten, which is far more likely? Will your ( Im assuming you mean Anti-Venin) meds work on the dog? Dosage? Usually those are by body weight....How do you convert your dose to his or hers?

People die or lose limbs to snakebite. It is not commonly fatal....about one lethality per year in the US. But when Snakes known to be poisonous bite, Its not for amateurs to treat. In other words, find Bona Fide Medical help. Otherwise...Enjoy.

Self treating for medical emergencies is not real wise. Which do you carry, how do you apply, how often, for what snake? Do your rattlesnake meds work on Coral snakes? What if the dog is bitten, which is far more likely? Will your ( Im assuming you mean Anti-Venin) meds work on the dog? Dosage? Usually those are by body weight....How do you convert your dose to his or hers?

People die or lose limbs to snakebite. It is not commonly fatal....about one lethality per year in the US. But when Snakes known to be poisonous bite, Its not for amateurs to treat. In other words, find Bona Fide Medical help. Otherwise...

Well, captain obvious, if you do not believe I wouldn’t seek qualified medical attention AND gain proper knowledge of the inherent risks to my loved one that may present themselves on our travels then you do not know me and have no good reason to call me out.

I was merely proposing a generalized example of one of the possible risks that could be encountered in someone’s travels. There is no need for any schooling here. If your not-picking needs are still not satisfied, I would encourage you to redirect yourself to the dumpster fire, a place where insulting and hostile non-answers, like the one you have provided here are fodder for the flame. ✌️

Self treating for medical emergencies is not real wise.
Ever been camping in the middle of nowhere well outside of cell service and far, far away from a licensed veterinarian? Plenty of people do so regularly and it's not unreasonable for them to research the potential health risks in the areas they travel and prepare accordingly. Think first aid, not "I'm as good as a vet so I'll just do it myself."

Last edited:
Well, captain obvious, if you do not believe I wouldn’t seek qualified medical attention AND gain proper knowledge of the inherent risks to my loved one that may present themselves on our travels then you do not know me and have no good reason to call me out.

I was merely proposing a generalized example of one of the possible risks that could be encountered in someone’s travels. There is no need for any schooling here. If your not-picking needs are still not satisfied, I would encourage you to redirect yourself to the dumpster fire, a place where insulting and hostile non-answers, like the one you have provided here are fodder for the flame. ✌️
Thereby giving people faith in an imperfect instrument, bubba. You do realize how stupid people get stupid ideas, yes? If you dont want people to comment, dont post. It's thats simple. Bad information is rife on the forum.... If you dont like THAT, think before you post.

Ever been camping in the middle of nowhere well outside of cell service and far, far away from a licensed veterinarian? Plenty of people do so regularly and it's not unreasonable for them to research the potential health risks in the areas they travel and prepare accordingly. Think first aid, not "I'm as good as a vet so I'll just do it myself."
Yes. Probably a hell of a lot more than charts and graphs would represent. Cutter makes bite kits for snake bite....most vets wouldnt recommend them. Doctors for people dont either....Why? Because idiots abound, and because they go places they should not on impulse. How many deaths in National parks in the last few years happened because some nit stepped just a tad too far to take his selfie on the cliff? Even professionals make mistakes. About the biggest one is thinking they're more capable than they are. Two years ago a hiker was bitten in Yosemite. His brother, who was present, is a US Park Service Ranger. He ran more than three miles to get phone service. The Bitee's leg wasnt amputated, but he spent three or four months in the Hospital, because anti venins( These are not vaccines) dont always work. They tried a number of them. The reason: Snakes are actually constantly evolving new versions of their toxins. A Snake in Mohave of the same species likely will require a different anti-venin than that snake in Yosemite did. 'Outdoor' magazine had a good article on it after the vic was released. It IS relatively new knowledge, and its worth a read.
Thinking "First Aid" is a great idea. The Scouts used to give badges for a number of aspects of it, including Snakebite. No one wants to put an animal friend in danger. My point is....sometimes that's us. Thinking
" First Aid" means take a course. Then go talk to the Vet about what can and can't be done.

I really doubt anyone carries antivenom with them, not the real stuff. The cost per vial is well into the thousands, and it can take multiple vials to do the job, plus it's not exactly field friendly stuff.

People die or lose limbs to snakebite. It is not commonly fatal....about one lethality per year in the US. But when Snakes known to be poisonous bite, Its not for amateurs to treat. In other words, find Bona Fide Medical help. Otherwise...Enjoy.
Mansplaining award of the weeks goes tooooo…

I frequently go tent camping with my significant other Samson. We always like to find a nice secluded area to be alone in. We have a simple tent setup. We bring all the snacks we can carry, comfy pillows and blankets. I love picking a area that has some water around it, just because I like to take a swim every now and then. I let Samson run free. I make sure no one else is around and we will become intimate with each other in the wilderness and in the tent. I love being naked in the woods it makes me feel free and it just feels natural. It’s a very romantic and intimate time. I recommend it to anyone.
That sounds like such a great experience 🥰

I go with the caravan to camping sites. Usually I go outside of the school vacations, I'ts not that bussy then and the sounds souldn't be to noticable (never had anny complaints or annything).
In terms of room.... well it's not that big but we can play on the back bed. Or outside in the woods.
I'ts not that easy as home but not to big of a problem.

I can't take my dogs to national parks. It isn't allowed here. I have to look for other places to go with them, and if I go to established campgrounds, there is always the possibility of finding a nice friendly male dog around... Sometimes we camp on ground tents, or we sleep inside the car if environment gets too hostile.

sounds beautiful

I go with the caravan to camping sites. Usually I go outside of the school vacations, I'ts not that bussy then and the sounds souldn't be to noticable (never had anny complaints or annything).
In terms of room.... well it's not that big but we can play on the back bed. Or outside in the woods.
I'ts not that easy as home but not to big of a problem.
Same :) What's your favorite campsite? Mine are the ones in Zeeland :)

I often take my dog companions tent camping and they love to run around the woods or along the lake. I try to go out by myself so I don't have to have them on leads all the time. Most of the dogs I've taken camping love it. Only had one who didn't.

T

Thanks for sending this thread off topic

I love camping took my girl out tent camping a few times and she enjoyed going for walks and socializing with folks. Getting her used to the tent wasn't hard I just had to show her where her bed was.

is a dude on youtube that hikes with two goats and two dogs... can probably learn the camping tricks from him... the more intimate things you can use your imagination for :p but yeah he goes out quite remote places at times

I might take you up on this advice! Not too many woods around where I am, but cuddling like that, and being free in the woods does sound amazing! 😘

Back