Boundaries

Slavec

Lurker
My bitch started licking me today for the first time, she didn't need any training. But she then was whining for more, how do I teach her it is when I say and not when she does?

My bitch started licking me today for the first time, she didn't need any training. But she then was whining for more, how do I teach her it is when I say and not when she does?
By ignoring her attempts.

By ignoring her attempts.
Thank you so much for this. That is very helpful, I have simply been petting her and telling her she's a good girl when she does.

My problem is that I need her to know boundaries, how do I make sure she doesn't do it to anyone else? What if she starts bothering visitors for example, I don't want anyone to know and I don't want her to make others uncomfortable.

How do I let her know I am not interested at a particular moment?

With choice for example, how do I then stop her once I have had enough without her feeling rejected?

Any advice would be so helpful.

Telling her no, ignoring her (and close your legs :D) should show her it's time to stop. Sure the first times she won't like it but eventually she should accept it

With choice for example, how do I then stop her once I have had enough without her feeling rejected?
I do not think this is a problem. Look at how dogs tell each other to stop and it has no long lasting consequences. You let her do it for a while and then you block the access to it.

Telling her no, ignoring her (and close your legs :D) should show her it's time to stop. Sure the first times she won't like it but eventually she should accept it
Thank you so much. I guess when telling her no around others etc too, she will learn when it is appropriate or not. She seems to really enjoy the taste!

I do not think this is a problem. Look at how dogs tell each other to stop and it has no long lasting consequences. You let her do it for a while and then you block the access to it.
Fabulous, thank you so much! I guess I just worry about being caught.

Sniffing someone's lap is quite common for dogs and I doubt anyone would see anything weird behind that. All those people who find it uncomfortable can just move her away.

Sniffing someone's lap is quite common for dogs and I doubt anyone would see anything weird behind that. All those people who find it uncomfortable can just move her away.
Good point. Though I am in a poly situation and one of my partners hangs about naked a lot and Lola is sniffing her bum often, I am worried she might take that a step further. But again, that's normal dog behaviour really. :)

Sniffing someone's lap is quite common for dogs
As I've said in the past. "Dogs experience the world through their nose. The crotch is a particularly musky region, and for large breeds it just so happens to be at a perfect nose height. Of course they're going to be drawn to it."

Good point. Though I am in a poly situation and one of my partners hangs about naked a lot and Lola is sniffing her bum often, I am worried she might take that a step further. But again, that's normal dog behaviour really. :)
Yeah but if the person hangs about naked in front of a dog then it is not really your fault is it? :D

Boundaries go both ways. I know for me, I am very private, I don’t have people over a lot and when people are over my household seems like any other ‘regular’ house.

my shep knows that times to be intimate are when it’s just us. We have build up and he knows it only happens when it is just us

Back