Bleeding after sex with dog

Hi!

I have to ask you guys a question…
I’ve recently had sex with my male dog for the first time. Afterwards I noticed that I was bleeding. I am not sure if it was actually from inside my vagina or from my labia. It didn’t hurt during the intercourse and not too much afterwards. Felt a bit like chafing.
I am not even sure if it might not have happened while he was licking me 🤔

Has anybody had the same „problem“?
Thanks in advance!

Ps.: sorry if my English is off, it isn’t my first language.

Hi, im a male so I havent experienced this personally, but have you taken anything as big as him before?
One time with a human partner, I tore her a little because I was the biggest she had ever done stuff with, it wasnt like, painful for her, didnt get in the way or anything, just caused a bit of bleeding and thats it.

Hi!

I’ve recently had sex with my male dog for the first time. Afterwards I noticed that I was bleeding. I am not sure if it was actually from inside my vagina or from my labia. It didn’t hurt during the intercourse and not too much afterwards. Felt a bit like chafing.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there ! and your case is curious, yet, kinda worrying.

I think that it might be the rest of your hymen, if you had any, that got teared off, since you told us that it didn't hurt that much. I don't know how much it hurts when the hymen tears for the very first time, but sometimes i think that having sex with a dog may "tear it" a little more than a human penis, idk.

Have you noticed anything else than the bleeding? i.e odour or burning feeling ?

Hi, im a male so I havent experienced this personally, but have you taken anything as big as him before?
One time with a human partner, I tore her a little because I was the biggest she had ever done stuff with, it wasnt like, painful for her, didnt get in the way or anything, just caused a bit of bleeding and thats it.
I have some rather big toys. So he wasn’t the biggest „thing“ I’ve ever taken. But I guess it’s different with a toys since they don’t move on their own, haha.
Hi there ! and your case is curious, yet, kinda worrying.

I think that it might be the rest of your hymen, if you had any, that got teared off, since you told us that it didn't hurt that much. I don't know how much it hurts when the hymen tears for the very first time, but sometimes i think that having sex with a dog may "tear it" a little more than a human penis, idk.

Have you noticed anything else than the bleeding? i.e odour or burning feeling ?
I doubt that since I’ve given birth twice already…
There wasn’t anything else, just a bit of blood and some light stinging when I peed. Really felt like some chafing.

I doubt that since I’ve given birth twice already…
There wasn’t anything else, just a bit of blood and some light stinging when I peed. Really felt like some chafing.

Given that situation, i wouldn't mind and only think that maybe he "over did" it. Maybe it was just too rough with you and well, who doesn't get that feeling after having rough sex ? but just keep and eye on it just in case, beware of bad smelling, and that chafing feeling will fade out eventually, if you have any doubts you can always go to a doc and tell it was just normal sex, just wait around 48hs or so

Given that situation, i wouldn't mind and only think that maybe he "over did" it. Maybe it was just too rough with you and well, who doesn't get that feeling after having rough sex ? but just keep and eye on it just in case, beware of bad smelling, and that chafing feeling will fade out eventually, if you have any doubts you can always go to a doc and tell it was just normal sex, just wait around 48hs or so
Yeah, that chafing feeling stopped later on the next day and the bleeding lasted only for a couple of minutes.
If anything starts to feel weird again I’ll definitely go see a doc about it.

good to know and cool to know your experience, this is nice since most of people around always make it feel like these kind of stuff don't happen, or that it doesn't hurt at all

Um. Well, you know where pee comes out from, so barring any secondary damage inside, any cut or bruise causong the stinging is quite external.
Yeah, totally makes sense, haha.
I mean. It kinda felt like a cut at first, so depending on how long that cut would be, there was the chance that it was still something internal.
But yeah. You’re right.

You might have a dog that has blood in his ejaculation. I've had this happen to me in the past and I was freaking out until I I saw that the boy was cuming blood after he pulled out of me early.

Stud Dog Issue: Blood in a Dog's Semen​

Last updated: Oct 26, 2020 by Marty Greer, DVM

It is beneficial to look at the male's semen in advance of a planned breeding to make sure there are no underlying issues. Some breeders want to plan a "clean out" ejaculation. The benefits to this are two-fold. First, you can eliminate some of the aging sperm that has been hanging around in the epididymis (the semen storage part of the testes). This is probably not necessary as there is a natural cycling of semen through the epididymis. Dogs have a way of taking care of this themselves.

Secondly, you can do a semen analysis. If the semen is not healthy looking, you will still have time to find another male. You need to avoid collecting and discarding the semen too close to the time of the dam's ovulation. Some males, particularly males over five years of age do not make new sperm as quickly as they did when they were younger. Discarding the semen the night before the planned breeding can cause depletion of the last precious sperm, leading to an inadequate amount and a missed pregnancy.

Dog Semen Analysis​

Your reproductive veterinarian can help you with this. There are five components of a semen analysis.

1. Sperm count - the number of sperm in the ejaculate, done with a microscope or a sperm counter at your reproductive veterinarian's clinic. Just seeing sperm does not give an assessment of fertility. We expect to see 10 million sperm per 10 pounds of body weight of the stud dog.
  2. Sperm morphology - the shape of the sperm. Each sperm should have a head with a cap (acrosome), neck and tail. There are many abnormalities that can be assessed using a microscope.
  3. Sperm motility - the movement of the sperm. With the correct concentration, a microscopic evaluation can assess if the sperm are progressively moving in a forward direction. Sperm that swim in circles don't get the job done.
  4. Other cells in the ejaculate - red blood cells usually indicate either trauma to the penis or prostate disease (benign prostatic hypertrophy or hyperplasia) or white blood cells indicating an infection.
  5. Sperm longevity - adding extender to the ejaculate, keeping the sample refrigerated, and looking at how many sperm swim when they warm up will help indicate how long the sperm will live in the dam's reproductive tract. This correlates with fertility.

Dog Prostate Issues or Injury​

When collecting semen, you first get the pre-seminal fraction which is usually clear. Then you get the second sperm fraction which should be milky white, and third, the prostatic fraction which adds volume to semen and pushes the sperm forward. The prostatic fraction is the last fraction given and is put in during the tie. In the case of a prostate issue or infection, this fraction often contains blood.

Injury, usually from fighting, is another cause of blood in a dog's semen. However, this is usually temporary and we worry more about scar tissue in the testicle than infection. When dogs come into heat, they can become grouchy. Some will snap or fight with friends that they normally get along with. If a male dog gets bit, we need to prevent any infection, especially if the scrotum is damaged. These males should be started on an antibiotic and monitored to be sure they recover.

Also, females in season cause males to become very stressed and will pace, pant, tear at fencing and can fight. Males can injure themselves trying to get to the female.

Diagnosis​

When diagnosing the cause of blood in the semen, first we rule out Brucellosis for our own peace of mind.
  • If the testicle itself is sore, Brucellosis must be ruled out. Often the RAST test is ran in the clinic to confirm Brucellosis negative.
  • Examine the scrotum for any signs of trauma or damage. These males must be monitored to be sure they recover without infection.
  • On males five-years-old or older, the vet will do a rectal exam and feel for prostate enlargement and tenderness. An enlarged prostate is common in dogs over age five. This can easily be treated using finasteride, a prescription drug available from your veterinarian. Ultrasound of the prostate is the most accurate way to diagnose benign prostatic hypertrophy/hyperplasia (BPH). With BPH, the prostate enlarges and becomes filled with small cysts, too small to feel with a finger on rectal exam but very obvious with ultrasound. If this is diagnosed, finasteride should be used. This will shrink the prostate and eliminate these cysts. If BPH is not treated, these little cysts, like the holes in Swiss cheese, will be invaded by bacteria, leading to an infection called prostatitis. Male dogs with prostatitis can get very sick, as sick as females with pyometra.
  • Lastly, your vet will examine the semen for blood, bacteria, and white blood cells, indicating infection as a cause.

Treatment​

Antibiotics should only be used if an infection is known to be present. Routine use of antibiotics in normal dogs will lead to resistant bacteria. Most dogs with enlarged prostates need finasteride, not antibiotics. Blood dripping from the penis is the sign of benign prostatic hyperplasia/hypertrophy (BPH), not an infection. Do NOT reach for antibiotics for BPH. BPH tends to flare up cyclically when dams in the kennel are in heat. Many veterinarians and breeders will start their dogs on antibiotics at this time. The blood goes away, which makes it look like the antibiotics were successful. In reality, the blood will disappear when the dams go out of heat. Use finasteride, daily, not just during heat cycles, to keep the male's semen quality high.

If an infection is confirmed, only then should treatment with antibiotics be initiated. If your veterinarian confirms an infection in the prostate, called prostatitis, both an antibiotic and finasteride should be used. We usually recommend long-term antibiotics for four weeks and then re-evaluate the semen for blood and fertility. Trimeth-sulfa or Enrofloxacin (Baytril) are your best choices for antibiotics. If these fail, a culture of the ejaculate may be needed. Once cleared, relapses of prostate issues are common so monitor for reoccurrence. It is not enough to just have semen; we want these males to have normal numbers of sperm and no blood in any of the collection.

If you have cleared the blood in the semen but are still seeing low sperm count, give Breeder's Edge Oxy Stud to support fertility and semen production. I prefer to keep them on Oxy Stud while treating; males are a valuable resource, and we want full recovery. Many sperm are needed to fertilize one egg. Breeder's Edge Problem Male is another male health support option. The herbs and roots in this supplement have been found to be beneficial to a breeding male's reproductive system.

Keeping sperm counts high fertilizes all the eggs and is the key to normal litter size! If you need help, call us at 800.786.4751.

-Dr. B
Donald Bramlage, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Former Director of Veterinary Services at Revival Animal Health

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Here's what may have happened:

The dog may have accidently injured your urethra when he first began to penetrate you. If you look at pics of canine penises, there is a point at the tip.

This happened to me once; it only caused 2-3 drops of blood and a momentary "ouch" when it happened. It didn't cause lasting or extreme pain. I drank a lot of water and dosed myself on cranberry juice afterwards, and there were no lasting ill effects. Nowadays I take care to guide the dog into me so it won't happen again.

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

the same thing happened to me too .. but in my case it was the loss of virginity. her sperm washed everything inside me. luckily it started with a small breed dog, but with the size of a grown man.

I’ve had no issues with blood, felt a little sore with my last lad a few times, pretty much because he was so huge. Only bled once when I got a nip on my pussy from a young keen male Lab, bloody hurt too!
Damn your avi is sexy.

Back