Best ways to safely record.

Not really trying to post anything yet but I want to be able to safely record.
Are there any apps that are safe or is the best bet to just go with a camera not connected to the internet in any way. Obviously I would keep my face and identifiable Things out of the shot but what works for others.
Snap chat, Kik are the apps I’m wondering about.

1. Do not use a phone. Phones are inherently insecure devices. Photos are saved in whole lot of places and it is difficult to wipe them.
2. Use a normal camera and a dedicated sd card.
3. Turn off any gps abilities of the camera if it has some.
4. Delete metadata from the photos before uploading using some dedicated software for that.
5. If the camera has dead sensor pixels, that is identifiable.
6. Wipe the card after you are done using it. Formatting is not enough, wipe it with dedicated software.
7. Blur out fingerprints.
8. Avoid anything identifiable in the background.
9. Turn up the exposure on dark photos before you upload to see what is hiding in the shadows.

Don't forget about any recognizable marks on your body(tatoos, birthmarks, etc.), you should cover them too.

If your job makes your face known to many strangers (TV reporter, C level executive, etc.), avoid recording anything entirely and also do the whole thing in a windowless room

Don't forget about any recognizable marks on your body(tatoos, birthmarks, etc.), you should cover them too.
Agree. And to make it even more difficult for stalkers - put on a fake tattoo, or a bandage to make it look like there is something hidden.

Last edited:
Back