xerotask13

Tourist
BANNED USER
Hi! I'm thinking of getting a mid size female dog this coming summer, a puppy perhaps but not sure. But I'm not entirely sure what breed would be the best for me? I'm 24 years old living alone in a house out in the country.

I work mon-fri 7am-4pm as an electrician living in Sweden. I'm mostly out at people's homes in residential areas. But also a few hours a week at the office. So I would need a dog who can be with me in the car during day time. Of course we will go for a walk before work, at breakfast, at lunch and then a long walk after work. But still, it's a lot of sitting in the car... and where i live it can be +30°c during the summer and -20°c during the winter. The worst days I would have to leave her with a friend or my parents. But at the same time u have a diesel heater for the winter and fans for the summer. Anyone doing the same? I see a lot of carpenters out there with dogs with them all day.

At my free time I'm working on my house, out traveling or at the cabin out by a lake in the woods. I have great friends and family to take care of here when I'm away, if I'm not bringing her with me.

I would like a more calmer dog with easy car furr.
I have been looking at a Rottweiler, Golden or Labrador?

Of course we will have sex if she wants and are big enough? Which of then are largest in size? Or do you recommend any other?

Kinds regards Xerotask13!

Labs and rotties are better to be left alone. Possibly rotties better, but as -omited- above it is less a good option for a first dog.

Cold car is not a big problem if you stack enough blankets where he xan bury himself 😅. BUT I would not leave a dog alone in a car at 30 degrees.

Also. You live in a house. You should consider an outside good sized enclosure where he could spend the day when you'll be busy, would be better than being in a hot/cold car.

Forgot to say that i have had dogs in my family all my life so that's not a problem 😁

We've had Border Collies, Swedish Elkdogs, a Dachhund and a mix breed. Half of them we brought as puppys, and the other half was missplaced dogs we took care of.

Of course the dog will not be closed in the car, during that time she would have access to go out and or go hide in the back of the van. Or if possibe come with me on the construction site if it's not to loud or dirty.

Building a separte enclosure on the yard with indoor access is also a good idea, we hade that for our Swedish Elk dogs.

Back