Bella

DuskLuck

Zooville Settler
This was originally posted on the first iteration of ZooVille. She passed away on April 16, 2019.

Just this Saturday, my girl started coughing. It sounded exactly like kennel cough and she was still eating, drinking, and playing with my other dogs, so we weren't super worried.

But it just kept getting worse, and last night she just stood up all night in the same spot, breathing hard. I had to go to work this morning an hour away, so I had someone else take her in for me while I was at work.

The vet gave her Lasix to try to help her breathing and heart, and they took an X-RAY of her chest. What they found was a tumor taking up one fourth of her right lung, a tumor that was restricting her airway and esophagus, and her heart was enlarged.

Her last checkup was about 6 months ago, and there wasn't a single thing that the vet found wrong with her, so this was a very fast and aggressive cancer.

I am absolutely heartbroken right now, so I want to use this as an opportunity to warn others that may not be thinking about cancer and their pets.

Please, PLEASE watch out for cancer with your pets! It is a terrible feeling to be an hour away, working, when someone you love dies. I didn't even get to say goodbye to her.
IMG_20170416_184424.jpg

I can imagine how devastated you must have felt when you didn't even got the chance to say goodbye to her! :cry:

Take comfort that her life is enriched by the love you shared and the care you gave for her. She is in a good place now.

Back