Autism

J

Judas_Trying

Do I have it? Do you? What if my kids have it? (If I ever have any…) I’m wondering how many of us live or have friends or family that are on the spectrum. I want to learn and want to know how that might interact with or deter your life in a zoo relationship. I was considering making a poll but I wouldn’t know where to start besides the questions I just asked lol idk

🤷🏻‍♀️
🤔

Not too bad here. So, if you don’t mind me asking how did you know you had austism? And how do you think i could find out if I’m on the spectrum? 🤔

Omg, that’s terrible! I’m sorry you had to go through that.

The biggest sign in my opinion is to my my need to feel stuff, autism is different for each person, you have high function to non verbal, one thing for me is that some sounds are louder than others, and sensory inputs, I sometimes without knowing start picking at stuff, like paint or glue,

Hmmm, i may just have ocd… but I’ve kind of cured it or coped in some way to avoid it 🤔 Would a psychiatrist figure this stuff out? How do you feel your autism may or may not effect a zoo relationship?

We are all different in our own way, we all have different need and wants, you can’t just look at one autistic person and say every person with autism is like that person

I may be back for more questions. Hope more people reply as well

Yep. I have learnt it this summer (I'm over 20) through a guy listing symptoms from DSM-5. All match to some degree. Knowing that earthshatteringly changed totally nothing. I was already well aware of my tendencies way before that, naming them doesn't make them any different. I don't really have any hard to cope with ones too. Well, limited menu is a time bomb, so I can't be sure about this one yet. Generally, not having a hard proof of something as well as for a strategy against it makes me very reluctant to do anything about the problem, this can be a slight issue. At least when it comes to food I recently got a very clear prescription on how to change the diet and what exactly it would prevent (meaning I can verify, since it already happened :p and stopped very quickly too). Being a weirdo is pretty easily solved by just finding people who don't mind. Which happens to be a lot of people. Maybe it's the way I talk about it. (As something interesting rather than a depressive outcast. Being a meme works much better than being an unfitting failure.) I also don't remember when holidays are and often forget about things planned earlier than about 3 days before they happen. Or names, names are damn hard to remember. Imagine not being able to name over 3/4 of your class after a year. When every single day they check who's present by going through the list. And having little to no problems from it :D People also say I say a lot of random things. You might have noticed by now XD But some symptoms are very useful, for example making theoretical models for everything and looking for patterns. When you dig a lot, you eventually dig something out. Usually at least. Dunno, I'm pretty content with my model of reality so far, most people don't think this deep. Habits are also a huge plus if you have good ones like EDC (things you take with you everyday) or saving up. Ok, those might not be from autism. Anyway, I am me and that's it.

I sometimes without knowing start picking at stuff, like paint or glue,
Yup. Drilling rubbers with a pencil, anyone? :D I no longer do that. Mostly because there are no rubbers around anymore :p

Apparently, one of the symptoms can be questioning social norms a lot. So just from this one I expect statistically more autistic people in our community (less likely to just shut up and comply).

Thanks for responding! I’m learning! ^_^ and want to get tested tho lol

I'm on the spectrum, it doesn't do anything to impede my day-to-day life, or even my professional life. For me it just affects my emotional responses, I've often been called cold and unfriendly. I do feel things, I'm just not great at expressing what I feel.

Thanks for responding! I’m learning! ^_^ and want to get tested tho lol
Very smart. One has to be tested by a medical professional. One cannot properly self-diagnose autism, for goodness sake. Nor can HDD be self-diagnosed, and there is a very specific test for attention deficit, which can only be administered by a professional.

Very smart. One has to be tested by a medical professional. One cannot properly self-diagnose autism, for goodness sake. Nor can HDD be self-diagnosed, and there is a very specific test for attention deficit, which can only be administered by a professional.

I’d never think to self-diagnose. I been down that webmd rabbithole before, haha screw that! I’ll speak to my psychiatrist next time i see him. See if he can refer me to someone close to me

If i were to make a autism group would y’all join?

i’d join as an ally but idk if that’d be alright.

High functioning Aspergers here, at age 11, my IQ was tested to being between 164 and 180

This is probably why I'm a zoo

Hey! Fellow texan here. Thanks for sharing! Why do you think you are zoo, because of your IQ or your Aspergers?

The aspie traits have kept me a loner, almost to the point of being anti-group think. Plus I have always been more natural with non-human companions and, when puberty came, animal romantic and intimate relationships were natural, no kink no fetish.

With cisgals, this just seem forced and awkward With cisguys, as my user name implies, my focus is on the cock.

and I like finding others here in Texas.

Back