Attachments in PM and DM Update

ZTHorse

Retiree
Staff member
For the security of ZV, we've restricted the attachment privilege in private messages to ZooVille Settlers (150 posts or more) and higher tiers. This is due to abusive content being spread by users who are only here to file share. Effective 2-23-2020

Regards,
ZT

Last edited:
I'm curious what counts as a post? Does replying to a post count or do I have to be the original poster? Is there a way to see how "close" one is to the 150?

I'm curious what counts as a post? Does replying to a post count or do I have to be the original poster? Is there a way to see how "close" one is to the 150?
If you want to see how many posts you have, click your name on a thread and look at the number of messages you have. Once you reach 150 messages you'll have the tier of Zooville Settler.

I was wondering why I couldn't find the attachment button recently, could have sworn I was able to do it before. But fair enough. Is there no other exception to the rule?
I mean, I could just go in Dumpster fire and spam "bump" just to boost when I just wanted to share a private image to someone.
I feel it's not about the content of your posts, but you've just got to be active and be in all the "game" groups spamming useless posts.
Same, I was trying to find it :D

If you want to see how many posts you have, click your name on a thread and look at the number of messages you have. Once you reach 150 messages you'll have the tier of Zooville Settler.
Okay so if I am understanding you right, that is messages like DMs/PMs and not posts/replies. Which kinda makes sense but I could inflate that by sending shorter messages or such things. It probably would be better if it was time-on-the-site + involvement in the forum (like posts and replies, though probably exclude some parts of the forum like Fun & Games, so it discourages spamming), but I could see that being harder to work out.

Okay so if I am understanding you right, that is messages like DMs/PMs and not posts/replies. Which kinda makes sense but I could inflate that by sending shorter messages or such things. It probably would be better if it was time-on-the-site + involvement in the forum (like posts and replies, though probably exclude some parts of the forum like Fun & Games, so it discourages spamming), but I could see that being harder to work out.
It's posts and replies, not DMs and PMs.

im not understanding what kind of abuse are you talking about
Abusive content includes anything forced, such as tying up/drugging an animal, rape, etc.

Edit: Rule number 3 explains what abusive content is.

3. Content of animals being abused will be removed. (This includes: torture, gagging, forced sex, gerbiling, large insertions, rough sex (or known as "hard"), or anything to cause harm. This includes using restraints/hogtie.) No fish or chicken content.
Using forms of medicine to sedate an animal for the purpose of sex is forbidden

I feel it's not about the content of your posts, but you've just got to be active and be in all the "game" groups spamming useless posts.
I think the Fun & Games forum doesn't increase a user's post counter anymore.

For the security of ZV, we've restricted the attachment privilege in private messages to ZooVille Settlers (150 posts or more) and higher tiers. This is due to abusive content being spread by users who are only here to file share. Effective 2-23-2020

Regards,
ZT
In terms of Post counts, does that number include likes and such? If so, you might want to assign a much higher number. This xaranel luneycros( deliberate butchered spelling) may be using that.

Well, I didn't notice this as I tend to use other means of file-sharing - but am still replying now to boost my numbers XD
If you want to share something with a person or two onionshare is btw a good way to go and doesn't abuse the servers of others while protecting your identity.

Back