Are your dog bisexual? (Even if it's not, still, answer!)

imSoSorry

Tourist
Your dog, even having sex with you, does he still prefer the company of someone of his kind?
And the worst, the opposite sex?
And finally, are you jealous?

Example: I am a male human who has a relationship with a male dog, but he is still more interested in dogs than me. And the worst! He is more interested in female dogs! It's make me feel somehow betrayed...

PS: Yes, it's just an example. Not an actual situation...

PS 2: I know this is because of the pheromones and all that, but can anyone report a case where your dog was able to "overcome" these pheromones and like your company more than the company of a female dog? (Or even a male dog, for female dog's owners)

I find it incredibly hurtful when my dog humps the couch, his dog bed, a sexy patch of grass, the partially inflated bouncy castle in front of a neighbor's house when they're about to have a children's party, blocks of styrofoam, or someone else's leg. But it's what dogs do, after all, and it's probably the only reason they can figure out how to hump me too.

Fucking bitches, especially in heat? That's hot.

"hetero", "gay", "bi" are meaningless labels to a dog... sex is just that, sex. and it feels good so they do it whenever they can. a simple thing we could've learned too.

my late boy liked to sniff and lick my girl when she was in heat, but came to me to get off. i don't think "he liked me more" or that he was "gay", trying to mount caused him physical pain because his hips were busted. it was kinda nice not having to worry about not keeping them separate when she has in heat.

My dogs, Trudy and Mazie (Trudy pictured in my profile pic) are both female, and they are the only dogs nearby ever since my neighbor's male doberman died and my other neighbor with their German shepherd moved away, so the only company they have is eachother. They mount eachother when they are in heat, but both being female, nothing happens. I have never done anything sexual with them, so I experience no jealousy, and am glad they can keep eachother company when I am not around.
There is something called "innate bisexuality", whereby all mammals and avians have a natural tendency to also participate in same-sex activity alongside heterosexual breeding activity. So, for any given mammal or avian species, it is certain that there are individuals that are bisexual, and all have the possibility of being so. There are numerous biological benefits to bisexuality (and weird stigmas have only existed for one species for a few thousand years), so this is to be expected.

And here I was thinking that any of you were going to report to me a case where your dog prefers your company more than that of other of his kind...

Since technically I can say it here, I have to confess. I really wanted to have a romantic relationship with my dog, however... If even after all the dedication and love I gave him, he still prefers a bitch in heat... I would be heartbroken... Probably feel betrayed...

Since technically I can say it here, I have to confess. I really wanted to have a romantic relationship with my dog, however... If even after all the dedication and love I gave him, he still prefers a bitch in heat... I would be heartbroken... Probably feel betrayed...
Males seek to reproduction through hormones. Its not personal. Dont take it as such. Any kind of care you give is appreciated. The point of being a zoo is their health/quality.

Your dog, even having sex with you, does he still prefer the company of someone of his kind?

Example: I am a male human who has a relationship with a male dog, but he is still more interested in dogs than me. And the worst! He is more interested in female dogs! It's make me feel somehow betrayed...

PS 2: I know this is because of the pheromones and all that, but can anyone report a case where your dog was able to "overcome" these pheromones and like your company more than the company of a female dog? (Or even a male dog, for female dog's owners)
The thing is, animals (except a few) are not intelligent enough to understand what a sexual urge is. In fact, if we didn't have laws against doing so, I'd say humans would be the same way. When your Id (it's part of the primal brain, everything with a higher functioning brain has one) determines that what you're looking at is sexually appealing, it begins the process of sexual arousal in you. The Id is not intelligent and it cannot differentiate between fake or real. It's why pictures can turn you on even though you know clearly they're not real. It's the same if you see an attractive man/woman. You just want that person. Their feelings be damned. That's the Id talking.

We, knowing that just assaulting someone is wrong, can lens it and tell ourselves to knock it off. We KNOW it's wrong. Most animals don't. They get that sexual feeling and they GO for it. They (like dogs) can certainly be trained, but then again, so do people. While I wouldn't say it's impossible for your dog to ONLY prefer you, a vast majority of dogs just don't have the capability to control that urge. There's a reason the urge to have sex is so powerful, it's to continue the species. Now while WE understand that we're biologically incompatible with animals, animals do not.

If something is available and sexually in the mood, an animal that is capable of processing the pheromones will go for it. The exceptions being those animals that actually form bonds with their partners for life.

The thing is, animals (except a few) are not intelligent enough to understand what a sexual urge is. In fact, if we didn't have laws against doing so, I'd say humans would be the same way. When your Id (it's part of the primal brain, everything with a higher functioning brain has one) determines that what you're looking at is sexually appealing, it begins the process of sexual arousal in you. The Id is not intelligent and it cannot differentiate between fake or real. It's why pictures can turn you on even though you know clearly they're not real. It's the same if you see an attractive man/woman. You just want that person. Their feelings be damned. That's the Id talking.

We, knowing that just assaulting someone is wrong, can lens it and tell ourselves to knock it off. We KNOW it's wrong. Most animals don't. They get that sexual feeling and they GO for it. They (like dogs) can certainly be trained, but then again, so do people. While I wouldn't say it's impossible for your dog to ONLY prefer you, a vast majority of dogs just don't have the capability to control that urge. There's a reason the urge to have sex is so powerful, it's to continue the species. Now while WE understand that we're biologically incompatible with animals, animals do not.

If something is available and sexually in the mood, an animal that is capable of processing the pheromones will go for it. The exceptions being those animals that actually form bonds with their partners for life.
Thanks! That's makes me feel a little better... And that's is priceless...
Males seek to reproduction through hormones. Its not personal. Dont take it as such. Any kind of care you give is appreciated. The point of being a zoo is their health/quality.
And thanks you too! But...
Still...
I don't want to have a romantic relationship with my dog for him to mate with some random dog... I couldn't bear to see the only being I would trust with my life having sex with someone I've never even seen before... Even knowing that it's not their fault...

I understand that is no their fault... But...
Damn, why I doing so much drama over this? Haha, I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I gonna leave you guys alone now... I already bothered you all too much already...

But anyway... Still... What makes me a little better is that I know that... He probably would choose me if he could...
Yeah, probably...

My boy isn’t all too dog friendly but I don’t believe he would turn one down. I was considering getting him plugged so if I ended up with a female I wouldn’t have any pup issues. However finding a vet to do it is few and far between. But no I’m not jealous

That's one of the other reasons why I feel better about this "situation", but still...

That's one of the other reasons why I feel better about this "situation", but still...
Its probably your insecurity because of your past of failed relationships (if this applies ofc). Its alright i understand just dont let it strangle your esteem.

Identify and isolate these issues is the 1st step

My fiance and I own a male American Staffy and he mate with both of us and from what we can tell he really Doesn't mind which one of us he get to have 😊

Back