Are Female English Mastiff's Good Loving Companions?

texasspud66

Citizen of Zooville
BANNED USER
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I have posted anything here on the site because I have spent the last 10 months completely rebuilding my house after Hurricane Sally destroyed it. I mean I had to completely gut the inside of my home and after putting a new roof on it, start from scratch. It took me over three months just to get State Farm insurance to agree to pay me the value of my policy but that's not the reason I'm here. Three months ago my girlfriend Melody and I lost our female Rottweiler Sadie to cancer and it has affected me more than I first imagined it would but at Melody's insistence I have finally agreed to attempt to find another loving companion.

The reason I'm here is I'm asking anyone who has ever owned mastiff's before, what kind of demeanor do they have? Are they loving and caring, hard to teach, headstrong, anything you can tell me about that would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend of mine who has a huge tan female who weighs around 160 pounds and her name is Macy and as far as I can tell she is always fairly amorous. My friend has to get rid of her because he is taking a job in the city and the apartment he is moving to doesn't allow large dogs. I would just like to know what I might be getting myself into before I agree to bring her into my home and make her a part of our family. Thanks everybody

Holy shit!! I thought you completely split on us! 😂
Oh no I didn't bail, it's just when you have to start rebuilding everything You have built over 30 years it's one hell of a hard thing to do. I never knew one man could own so much junk in his life. I still have months ahead of me of having to go through boxes and boxes of stuff before I finally finished.

Depends on what mastiff you have?
She's in English mastiff and I was wrong, she weighs over 180 pounds. She has always been quite amorous whatever I've been over at my friends house but I'm wondering if they are as loving as Rottweilers. I still have my male Rottweiler and we took him over to my friends house and the two of them seem to get along just fine. Any advice is appreciated.

They are very laid back. Kind of lazy couch potatoes. Can be protective, not as serious as a Rottie but nothing to bat an eye at. They can eat a lot and got issues with hips some cancers and bloat.

Thanks for the info Wolf, it gives me a lot to think about because if my friend can't find a home for her by Saturday then he is going to be forced to take her to a shelter. i guess I'll talk it over with my GF and see what she thinks about getting another dog susceptible to cancers.

Thanks for the info Wolf, it gives me a lot to think about because if my friend can't find a home for her by Saturday then he is going to be forced to take her to a shelter. i guess I'll talk it over with my GF and see what she thinks about getting another dog susceptible to cancers.
Most animals are suscptible to cancer bud. It's a sad fact of life. I'd give this dog a home if you can. I'd take her in a heartbeat I know that.

I heard that they're affectionate gentle giants and also lazy most of the time. I'll probably get one female soon. Idk where but if anyone can give me suggestions, I'm glad to hear it.

After much consideration we went ahead and have agreed to take Macy home with us on a trial basis. As long as she and Sinbad continue to be As friendly to one another as they have been the last day and 1/2, we are going to keep her. Now I don't know if it's this way with other female mastiff's but Macy is definitely a man's dog. She hasn't gotten more than 3 feet away from me since we brought her home. The big bitch wore me out last night trying to keep her off the bed. I finally had to move her dog bed over to my side of the room and after scolding her several times, she finally fell asleep. Thanks again for all the advice

After much consideration we went ahead and have agreed to take Macy home with us on a trial basis. As long as she and Sinbad continue to be As friendly to one another as they have been the last day and 1/2, we are going to keep her. Now I don't know if it's this way with other female mastiff's but Macy is definitely a man's dog. She hasn't gotten more than 3 feet away from me since we brought her home. The big bitch wore me out last night trying to keep her off the bed. I finally had to move her dog bed over to my side of the room and after scolding her several times, she finally fell asleep. Thanks again for all the advice
It could be. Ive known two like that before. Could be a good thing for you though if you ever wanted to pursue a physical relationship with her

It could be. Ive known two like that before. Could be a good thing for you though if you ever wanted to pursue a physical relationship with her
Oh yeah, I most definitely am going to pursue a physical relationship with her with which I hope I can reach something near as special as I had with my female Rottweiler. What I know it will never be the same, I'm looking forward to creating a bond with her.

This might be what you're in for....
Thanks for the picture yes,that's exactly what I'm looking for as long as we make a good connection, which so far everything is going well. The one thing I've noticed about Macy is she has a really big pussy, much larger than my female Rottweiler had which is great because I had to take my time and spent a couple of months stretching her pussy before she could take me.

Back