Anyone work away from home?

Knottedfortune

Zooville Settler
As a general rule I’m home most of the time with my line of work, especially during the holidays I can be back for months without having to go back.
But occasionally I get a heap of jobs strung together and can be gone for 2 to 4 months without breaks and this of course, makes me have nightmares about my girl back home and worry myself ill.
I calm myself by face timing my sister or mother who look after her when I’m not home but I still stress about her.
Am I being over the top?
Anyone else worry about their partners when away?
How do you deal with not being near them?

Unfortunately I don't have anybody who would be willing to watch my guy, therefore I've had to pass up multiple jobs with great pay because I'd have to travel.

I completely sympathize though. I don't get homesick or miss people, but if I have to go a single day away from him, I miss him greatly. I couldn't imagine being away for months at a time.

Yeh I guess I’m pretty lucky that my family loves my girl almost as much as I do, I think my heart would stop if she had to spend time in a kennel.
I’m usually back every couple of days but not this time sadly and I’m honestly having a bit of an irrational reaction to it, I know she’s fine but I don’t really know if that makes sense?
What’s the longest you spent away from your partner?

As a general rule I work a 11am-8pm schedule at work, M-F. This schedule doesn't change, but even with those set hours I feel bad leaving my girls at home alone because they both miss me dearly. I've just applied to work an IT person, and hopefully I get the job, but idk if the hours would be the same length? The longest I've left them totally alone is like 6 almost 7 hours. I always walk them on my lunch break.

Dude I hate afternoon hours like that, they make me feel like I loose my whole afternoon, when something cuts into my girls hunting time I get aggressive.

but being able to walk your dog on your lunch break sounds like a total dream, it’s definitely get me through the second half of the day!

Ive been thinking of picking up software engineering so I could just stay at home typing code while watching my dogs and I think its the best decision possible tbh

Couple weeks back, I had to work 6 12s with a 1.5 hour commute. I absolutely hated having to leave my guy alone 15 hours a day.

I have a fenced in backyard and a electronic dog door, but my boy never uses the dog door.
Plus I'm terrified of him getting stolen while I'm gone.

I'm so fucking envious of people who can work from home, or have a short commute.

I wish I had a family who could watch him when I have to work crazy hours.
But unfortunately my dad absolutely hates my dog because of it's breed.

I gave my dream job up more than a decade ago, because it would not have been compatible with giving a dog a good life—and I have not regretted it so far. For me, being together with a dog is more important.

As a general rule I work a 11am-8pm schedule at work, M-F.
Adult canids quite well tolerate such a regime, with competent socialization. Again, you have two dogs, that's right. Remaining alone, the animal experiences more problems.
The main problems in this matter will arise with puppies.

For now. I work an 8-5 schedule at a place 30 minutes away from where I live (with my parents). I actually rescued a puppy on my front porch a month ago. And also her nephew-brother about a month and a half before that, who was slightly older than her when I found him cornered by an aggressive dog. We were gonna re-home the girl, but my mom noticed how much I was bonding with her and said it would have been wrong to do so, which was really relieving for me as I was hoping there was a way I could keep her. It's kinda strange since I had a whole list of things I wanted to get in order before adopting a dog of my own, but it seems that things have been started early. But luckily there are a few other dogs in the house, and my mom is out of work for the time being. But in the next 6 months I plan on buying a house of my own closer to where I work so that I can go home on my hour-long lunch break. My job also has a strong possibility of going remote in around that same time frame, so it's likely that I'll get to stay home with her all day, save for the rare trip I might have to make to replace/deploy physical network equipment. If it doesn't go remote, then I'll just look for another job that is.

I stay on the family farm, my work is on the farm, weekends am I off, in weekdays my work is from mowing the farm grass with the tractor and Howard tractor slasher, scraping the gravel with the tractor road scraper to anything needing attention and just walk back to my house, which is 500 yards. I only go to town twice a month for horse feed and dog food, I alone take care of my animals.

Back