Anybody else have this dream?

ummmm1234

Tourist
I dream of one day owning an island where zoo is widly practiced and accepted and appreciated… An island where people live out in the open with their animal lovers And don’t have the fear of legal consequence. Why is this not an Island yet? Or maybe it is, and if so, I am buying my plane ticket right now

There was a thread like this some time ago and the guy who wanted to buy the island turned out to be a noob scammer and even wanted us to grade his performance when he finally admitted that he is an idiot. :D Do not buy the ticket. :D

Why is this not an Island yet?
Because all land on the planet is part of a country already, with exception of Antarctica. Even on the rare occasion that new islands break the ocean's surface (the last was in the 70s) they're immediately claimed, there's 1, I forget where, that was even disputed territory. Even "private islands" are just owned land like any other owned land and are still a part of the country they territorially belong to and must abide by that country's laws. You can't just buy an island and declare it a country, and even if you could it would never be large enough to be self sustaining. Thus would require trade with other countries, and those countries could easily refuse to conduct trade with it if they don't like your "hedonistic" laws of "debauchery".

Because all land on the planet is part of a country already, with exception of Antarctica. Even on the rare occasion that new islands break the ocean's surface (the last was in the 70s) they're immediately claimed, there's 1, I forget where, that was even disputed territory. Even "private islands" are just owned land like any other owned land and are still a part of the country they territorially belong to and must abide by that country's laws. You can't just buy an island and declare it a country, and even if you could it would never be large enough to be self sustaining. Thus would require trade with other countries, and those countries could easily refuse to conduct trade with it if they don't like your "hedonistic" laws of "debauchery".
You mean a control issue humankind has where we all have to follow their rules or else.

I dream of one day owning an island where zoo is widly practiced and accepted and appreciated… An island where people live out in the open with their animal lovers And don’t have the fear of legal consequence. Why is this not an Island yet? Or maybe it is, and if so, I am buying my plane ticket right now
Definitely a wet dream which never comes true 😂

You can't just buy an island and declare it a country, and even if you could it would never be large enough to be self sustaining. Thus would require trade with other countries, and those countries could easily refuse to conduct trade with it if they don't like your "hedonistic" laws of "debauchery".
If you got the right formula of Italian + Engineer + idgaf what the government thinks, it is possible.
Insulo de la Rozoj
Italy did blow it up to bits tho

If you got the right formula of Italian + Engineer + idgaf what the government thinks, it is possible.
Insulo de la Rozoj
Italy did blow it up to bits tho
Pretty sure the wikipedia article on micronations and the response to them proves my statement that you can't just declare sovereignty, even on an artificial "island" (because that "island" will still fall within a nation's territorial waters, where all their laws and territorial claims hold fast). And there's still the issue of being large enough to be self sufficient to avoid trade embargos from the world's "morality police" dissent to your allowances.

Pretty sure the wikipedia article on micronations and the response to them proves my statement that you can't just declare sovereignty, even on an artificial "island" (because that "island" will still fall within a nation's territorial waters). And there's still the issue of being large enough to be self sufficient to avoid trade embargos from the world's "morality police" dissent to your allowances.
Dartel... we get it. You have no hope. But at one point, flight was thought to be impossible. It was a dream. Let us fantasize! lol

Dartel... we get it. You have no hope. But at one point, flight was thought to be impossible. It was a dream. Let us fantasize! lol
Of course I don't have hope. Hope is the greatest of all evils. There's a reason it was in Pandora's Box and that it was a good thing she closed it before it was able to escape into the world.

It was a dream. Let us fantasize! lol
Sure you can, but if you want it to be possible it's a different story. I sometimes fantasize what I would do if I were able to send my memories to myself from the past and what it would cause. Recently I have added the ability to copy-paste a desired cuboid of space. I would be able to "produce" anything I had come across, in this scenario creating a self-sufficient country is pretty easy. But you need to bend the rules first, so it will stay as an imagination.

if you ever do own such an island that you allow this zoos to be zoos.... i would gladly move there in a moments notice it exsists...
I crave for a sense of acceptance and openness of myself..
to be our selves in a public park or even just in our back yard, its unrealistic in my country and its laws..
unfair to my pup and me.... bc my pup, loves me, kisses me, cuddles me, mounts and fucks me all on his own.. i present and take him willingly..
how can anyone tell me its wrong? :/

if you ever do own such an island that you allow this zoos to be zoos.... i would gladly move there in a moments notice it exsists...
I crave for a sense of acceptance and openness of myself..
to be our selves in a public park or even just in our back yard, its unrealistic in my country and its laws..
unfair to my pup and me.... bc my pup, loves me, kisses me, cuddles me, mounts and fucks me all on his own.. i present and take him willingly..
how can anyone tell me its wrong? :/
Um.... anyone else extremely turned on by this post? Lol
Yeah, well, I am grinding now. Might just have to buy a plot of land somewhere here and put up really tall fences. We can get land cheap but I want a house and thats where the value increases come from.
What country are you from?

Pretty sure the wikipedia article on micronations and the response to them proves my statement that you can't just declare sovereignty, even on an artificial "island" (because that "island" will still fall within a nation's territorial waters, where all their laws and territorial claims hold fast). And there's still the issue of being large enough to be self sufficient to avoid trade embargos from the world's "morality police" dissent to your allowances.

Territorial waters go at most 12 nautical miles from the edge of a coastal state. If you're talking an artificial island raised beyond 12 nautical miles from any claimed coastline you'd be fine. Theoretically. Until somebody claims your island anyway, of course. Good luck getting the UN or any other organization or nation to back you up.

Due to Covid planes may not land on zoo island for the time being, sorry. 🤷‍♂️

Bir Tawil.

Its in the middle east, its the only parcel of land not claimed by any nation.

Though I imagine getting there and holding onto it is another story.

Jup. Would be awesome. Would move there asap

Futhermore. If enough of you were willing to contribute and something like that were possible, i would support this with every cent of mine. This would be a goal worth setting my life on.

So are we going to set up a barter system or have money? I need to know what to start collecting. Lol.

Just cozy up to a billionaire (or one of you zoos make a boatload!) and buy a private island. Cavort away. Just screen your visitors well
to avoid problems.

Just cozy up to a billionaire (or one of you zoos make a boatload!) and buy a private island. Cavort away. Just screen your visitors well
to avoid problems.
Checkpoint Security: "And have you had any relations in the last 90 days with anything other than a human?"
Me: "Yes."
Checkpoint Security: "Enjoy your stay Ma'am on 'Wild Island". "

Back