Any Setter Breed fans out there :)

Henkehhs

ZooVille Philanthropist
Do we have any lovers or owner's of Setter breed dogs out here in the world? πŸ™‚πŸ™πŸ»
Irish/English/Gordon- setters,

To me they have always been kind of a favourite! πŸŒŸπŸ€—

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220304-060506_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220304-060506_Gallery.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 96
Ill second that....Owned a pair of English Setters when I was a kid. I prefer Tollers, but Setters are a close second

My lover is a 10 to 12 yo English setter. she is pretty but that's not why I love her. She's strong and stands up for herself even though she's the smallest one in the room. And even though she's been through Hell and back she's not aggressive and is the most forgiving creature I've ever met. That being said the one down side of her breed is be prepared to carry them up and down stairs later in life because hip dysplasia is a bitch. But that doesn't bother me I'll happily carry her up and down stairs all day as long as she is happy.

Last edited:
My girl used to prance into a room when she was in a good mood and she loved meeting new people she was a social butterfly. She liked it when I held her close and would nestle her muzzle in my beard. I miss cuddling with her. I am definitely going to get another setter someday but probably not until I am closer to retirement. Until then I want to see what else is out there.

My favorite breed, all three variants! I have a Gordon puppy female now. I hunt, travel a lot in woods and up in the mountains, bicycle and setters are the perfect travel companions.
Besides my own puppy I know and regulary watch 10 other setters, 8 females and 2 males. I prefer setter females. They are just sooo good and kind dogs. And damn the females are horny too 😜

My previous GS female, love of my life. The kindest dog in the world, she had zero aggression in her. Passed away in September 😒

Attachments

• IMG_5725~2_1.JPG
    IMG_5725~2_1.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20201026_111146~3.jpg
    IMG_20201026_111146~3.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20201012_172829~2.jpg
    IMG_20201012_172829~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
That's heart wrenching I lost my setter girl a few weeks ago and I know how you feel.
I feel with you mate. It's the worts thing! Took 4 months before my depressed started to give away. It helped me a lot to borrow some of the other dogs I know and like, so the house wouldn't feel so empty. And then I finally started to focus on finding a new puppy, and now here she is 😊
Hang in there!

Have some of you successfully mated with a setter girl? Mine is too small for me (19kg)
I did and we both enjoyed it, first I could only get in when she was in heat. as we continued playing over the few years she loosened up a bit and we could go in and out of season. I guess I was just lucky either that or we enjoyed sex so much that she just got stretched out. Anyway I wouldn't have tried if I were too big.

Back