Any Native's and First Nations People want to say 'Hi'

KadeBoltz

Zooville Settler
I Apologize if this doesn't belong here, I am not trying to "Hook-up" or "Meet" anyone. But I do want to communicate with my fellow Indigenous People across the country and in Canada, but didn't know if anyone would see it if I just posted in a single state forum.

I am a 38 year old Native American/Lakota Man, if any fellow Native's/First Nations People want to say and chat with me. Let me know. I like to Write, Draw, play Video Games and listen to Paranormal/True Crime videos on You Tube while I do my hobbies. I have recently started getting into Gardening and making my own Comic Books (Erotic and Standard Story Comics) I am Zoo-Exclusive and have a Male Canine Lover, I live in a city, but love going to the Reservation to visit family and just enjoying the country views.

So If any of my fellow Indigenous Zoo's from across the country or world wide wanna chat about life or somethings we might have in common, comment down below. I am excited to talk with all of you if I can. :gsd_happysmile:

Im not in Canada... but one of my grandmothers was half native. I dont think that makes me much of a native... and I look like absolute Team White Bread... but all the same... Mitakuye oyasin. 🙏
Nah, don't count yourself out! You are still part of the tribe and no one will think any less of that. Thanks for responding, it's nice to know that there are other Native's in the community.

I'm ethnically 1/16th Métis, but I don't really live like I am. I'm glad you posted this cause getting back in touch with my family's cultural roots is on my to-do list. Culturally, I'm not sure if the Lakota and the Métis have much in common, but....
I like to Write, Draw, play Video Games and listen to Paranormal/True Crime videos on You Tube while I do my hobbies. I have recently started getting into Gardening
If those are your hobbies, we'd have no problem getting along. :)

I'm ethnically 1/16th Métis, but I don't really live like I am. I'm glad you posted this cause getting back in touch with my family's cultural roots is on my to-do list. Culturally, I'm not sure if the Lakota and the Métis have much in common, but....

If those are your hobbies, we'd have no problem getting along. :)
Thank you for your response and I appreciate that you acknowledged my current interests and hobbies. Tell me a little about your people the Metis... I get that you're not fully in touch with your culture, but I would love to hear about anything you know. I gotta be honest and say that I am not sure I've ever heard of your Tribe.
I too don't know a lot about my tribe and my culture, I was raised in the City and my Gran was a devout Christian that wanted to distance her family from the stigma of our people. Just an FYI where I live my people have this stigma of being gov't scammers, drunks and deadbeats, it can be difficult to make an honest living where I live if you have a "Rez-Accent" or if you are seen as expressing your heritage through clothing, jewellery or even having long hair. So it's no wonder that my Gran (Who had faced a lot of racism in the 50's as a single parent) chose to raise my mom and her siblings in a Christian Culture. But I've recently started learning more about my Christianity and I am not a Bible-Thumper, I choose to believe that my God and my Wakan Tanka are one in the same.
I am also getting back into my culture and learning more about my people, it's kinda the reason that I made this post. I am a little anxious to hear from other Native's/First Nation's and connect with them as Zoo's or Friends.

Greetings from a 1/1028th Cherokee.
Still better than Elizabeth Warren right? haha
I too don't know a lot about my tribe and my culture,
I'm in the same boat. I dont know much, I've always been interested in it from talking with my grandmother back when she was alive. I bought "The Sixth Grandfather" a few months ago and I've been meaning to start readed it.

it can be difficult to make an honest living where I live if you have a "Rez-Accent" or if you are seen as expressing your heritage through clothing, jewellery or even having long hair.
It's weird, I've seen the same thing. I've seen how some people look down on Native People, and if I as an obviously outwardly white looking woman do anything to express even a tiny bit of appreciation of that heritage I instantly get attacked for 'cultural appropriation'.

So it's no wonder that my Gran (Who had faced a lot of racism in the 50's as a single parent) chose to raise my mom and her siblings in a Christian Culture. But I've recently started learning more about my Christianity and I am not a Bible-Thumper, I choose to believe that my God and my Wakan Tanka are one in the same.
I feel the same way, I was raised Catholic and my grandmother always said that she felt that god expressed himself to the natives in the way that would be most impactful for them.

I am also getting back into my culture and learning more about my people, it's kinda the reason that I made this post. I am a little anxious to hear from other Native's/First Nation's and connect with them as Zoo's or Friends.
I'd love to learn more. I really hate the negative stigma that keeps getting pushed on anyone truly wanting to learn about and appreciate Native culture and ways. I find it so ironic that people I know who always talk about respecting other cultures and views are so hostile and negative towards me wanting to learn about and love something different.

Still better than Elizabeth Warren right? haha

I'm in the same boat. I dont know much, I've always been interested in it from talking with my grandmother back when she was alive. I bought "The Sixth Grandfather" a few months ago and I've been meaning to start readed it.

It's weird, I've seen the same thing. I've seen how some people look down on Native People, and if I as an obviously outwardly white looking woman do anything to express even a tiny bit of appreciation of that heritage I instantly get attacked for 'cultural appropriation'.

I feel the same way, I was raised Catholic and my grandmother always said that she felt that god expressed himself to the natives in the way that would be most impactful for them.

I'd love to learn more. I really hate the negative stigma that keeps getting pushed on anyone truly wanting to learn about and appreciate Native culture and ways. I find it so ironic that people I know who always talk about respecting other cultures and views are so hostile and negative towards me wanting to learn about and love something different.
It's so awesome to hear that you keep an open mind. When I started to explore my own beliefs and ideals, I found myself having to step out of societies social cage and really see the world as how it supposed to be. This is how I believe I came to accept my Zoosexuality, I saw that all these "societal norms" were just meager rules that ancient men or rulers created to dictate the people and establish control of the masses using shame and guilt. Detaching myself from that constrictive ideology has helped me to let go of the feeling or need to get involved in petty arguments like Politics, Religion and Sexuality. Don't get me wrong, I have a stance on all of those subjects. But I can see whether it would be a worthy struggle to debate and argue my point of view and I can see when it would be futile to waste precious time and energy on such conversations. I choose to live my life free of arguments with people that can't be swayed, I live for me and the ones I love. I feel like I wasted so much of my life hiding my desires and feelings, I want to be happy with who I am and be proud of the roots I grew from. So I like to tell everyone that I get to know that I have no desires to pass judgements or force an ideal onto anyone, I am as open-minded as a person can be and I will always chose to love everyone for the good that they can bring to my life.
I hope you and I can start to get to know each other enough that we can be friends. :gsd_happysmile:

Back