Animal Stereotypes that Annoy You?

ShanoirII

Citizen of Zooville
Are there any negative stereotypes that the public has surrounding some animal you like, which annoy you because you know they are not true, and are even harmful to the animal species in question by giving them an undeserved bad reputation?

For instance, you may be a cynophile and not like how people generally see wolves and jackals as 'evil' creatures because of their place in pop culture.
Or maybe, more generally, you are annoyed at how society thinks of adult animals as having the mind of an X-year old human child.

This is the thread to tell us about the stereotypes that make you go 😤 and vent.

Last edited:
1. Dogs do not belong in the bed. I have empirically proven that they can fit in my bed.
2. Hyenas are evil and ugly.
3. Bears have no facial expressions.

Why do people always say dogs eat shit?
If your dog is eating shit then there is a serious problem with it the same way as when a person eats shit.
My girl is exceptionally clean even when compared to most humans, she won't even back one out at home! She demands to be taken to an empty beach to crapwhere the tide will take it away... akitas can be scary smart sometimes.

"a dog is supposed to guard" excuse when someone gets a dog just to put them in the yard, never allow them inside the house and still call themselves dog lovers.

pitbulls can somehow lock their jaws and are "evil".

Agreed with all above

Also hate the opinion that pigs/cattle/so on are dirty and smelly animals. They are not, if you allow them other way of living than being forced to sleep in its own feces. Calfs for example smell really nice.

I also don't like mindset of people who think of their pets as babies and even call themself mommy/daddy. No real harm done there, but it is so fucking annoying and cringy.

Why do people always say dogs eat shit?
If your dog is eating shit then there is a serious problem with it the same way as when a person eats shit.
My girl is exceptionally clean even when compared to most humans, she won't even back one out at home! She demands to be taken to an empty beach to crapwhere the tide will take it away... akitas can be scary smart sometimes.

Depends on the shit. I have yet to meet a dog who won't gobble up rabbit pellets like treats and rarely see a dog who can resist a cowpie.
I tend to agree that eating their own shit is not usual and can be a sign of problems.

A common one that irks me is the idea that all animals are vectors of a bunch of diseases. There are some people that think it is dangerous to touch or even get near animals, since they automatically assume that they all have some type of inherent sickness, and a cross-species communicable one at that. For some people, the idea is so strong that they will immediately and thoroughly clean themselves if their hand even grazes an animal. It is almost like they think animals have a sort of miasmal aura around them.

It does not seem to occur to people that, if these animals really did have even half the diseases which they thought they did, they likely would not even be alive. Being infectious and unhealthy is not the default and ideal state for an animal, and their bodies try their best to fight off and avoid sickness just like ours.

Depends on the shit. I have yet to meet a dog who won't gobble up rabbit pellets like treats and rarely see a dog who can resist a cowpie.
I tend to agree that eating their own shit is not usual and can be a sign of problems.
Yeh thats not a problem for me either, she'll catch the rabbits themselves but never eat the pellets. She won't eat cow pats or cat shit or any other turds either.

Maybe feeding her a steak a day as well as always having a full biscuit bowl just makes her uninterested in anything that hasn't come from the kitchen with the rwst of the people food.

Back