An impossible Hybrid has happened

AtomicCookie

Zooville Settler

Did not know where to post this.

7 fish from 2 species separated further than humans are from mice in the genepool have produced offspring. Genetically, We're a lot closer to dogs than we are to mice.

According to what we know about genetics THIS should not have been able to happen. Ever. But it did. Not in some lab, but in nature!

IT IS POSSIBLE! Guess I will continue to try 😍

It's much more complex than just a "degree of separation". Hybridization seems to be increasingly more commonplace the "lower" you go on the phylogenetic tree. There are numerous known plant hybrids, some with very bizarre genome setups that would be considered completely unfeasible in animals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_plant_hybrids

Also this book might be of interest: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1723778.Handbook_of_Avian_Hybrids_of_the_World as well as other works from the author (which get rather fringe-sciencey with the "macroevolution" concept, but are still an interesting read)

We've been having sex with animals since we climbed down of the tree. That was quite a while ago. Since then, it has not been to be born a hybrid. I am not afraid that this will happen in the next ten thousand years, but even that is a small number.

7 fish from 2 species separated further than humans are from mice in the genepool have produced offspring. Genetically, We're a lot closer to dogs than we are to mice.
Thank you for the link. We are genetically closer related to mice than to dogs though.

I think making human-nonhuman hybrids is actually illegal in several places.
See the "Legal and Moral Discussions" section of this article.

Basically, people get kind of scared of human/nonhuman hybrids (but can be perfectly okay with non-human hybrids) because they kind of blur the sacred lines between humans and "the rest".
That is, unless, by 'hybridizing' they mean copying certain genes from other animals which can be profitable to apply in human medical fields. Those kinds of hybrids are okay.

To be able to produce offspring is NOT an indicator of love as has been put forth by so much human BS. Procreation is a primal drive endemic to all species to ensure survival. Considering some of the 'scientific' experiments performed during the two great wars (WWI and WWII) it's more than likely that species hybridization has been 'tested' and is likely being experimented with today on a genetic level. To what end? Aren't there enough humans in the world already, why would one need more humanoid hybrids? Not to mention what their behaviors might be like. I'm all for TONS of sex but I'm passionately against producing more of most any species. There is a 'natural' balance and order within all that is and I doubt most humans, in spite of their delusions of grandeur, have any clue to the consequences for most of their behaviors. Just look at the state of the earth today because of the over abundance of humans on it...

Mybe this out of topic but animal like goat sometimes can get pregnant by human,... That happen to my friend, when he send me the picture of his goat give birth to a baby with human face, I didn't believe it....

Until he tell me the secret he been hiding, & one night I follow him to watch the goat give birth to his baby, he said it happen many times,

Until now he still active with his goat, sometimes he share me the picture he fuck the goat....

Once more, we have a "Research Breakthrough!" in a place where it cannot be confirmed by people whose standing cannot easily be checked. When the statements made are so far off the accepted wisdom's path, it becomes an "I'll believe it when I see it" situation.

Fish show slightly less resistance to hybridizing, but in most, if not all, of those cases, the cross is male-female specific. In other words, a male Brown trout x female Brook trout may give 30 percent viable ova( tiger trout), while a Male Brook x Female Brown may yield 0 percent viable Ova. I subscribe to a couple of Fisheries Newsletters....None have covered this " discovery" to date.

Back