Am I An Exclusive Zoo? No, But That's a Problem.

Pitb9573

Tourist
I'm a man, attracted to other men, women too on some level I guess, but I'd identify more as gay than bisexual. My problem is that I've been attracted to animals for a long time. I'm not sure why, but it's been nice. I've done sexual things with many dogs and would with other animals too. Now, however, I'm in a tricky situation. I'm in a relationship with someone who does not share this desire. He knows of my interest, but it's kind of a don't ask don't tell matter since he finds it to be improper. We're now at the point where he wants to get a pet dog. I do too, but for different reasons. I want a male, roughly my size, short haired, not neutered, and for reasons that may be obvious to all of you. He, on the other hand, is interested in a tiny dog and believes it should be neutered. I feel i can't press too hard on why I'm not okay with that without making him see my intents. I don't know what to do. It looks like I'm going to have to hide this part of myself unless i find another partner that's passionate about this. The other option of course is to go single. I mean, i fancy the idea of having several dogs and being in a polyamorous relationship with them ..but i want a human companion and I resent the idea of breaking up with my fiance to solve this problem. I'm sexually and emotionally frustrated not having a canine partner and I'm conflicted about how to resolve this. Share your thoughts with me please.

You cant use your mutual pet for this..in your perfect world maybe..but this is not a perfect arrangement..if your urge is so strong you need to be an owner for that purpose..live separately..its your only option..if you can't live separately you need to befriend a local owner

That really is a tough position to be in. You could justify wanting a bigger dog for protection. You could also justify wanting to keep him unaltered for health reasons. (Early neutering can cause a lot of health problems for the dog down the road.) But if your fiance is intelligent, then as soon as you let him know you want a large unaltered dog, more than likely his first though is that you'd want to have a sexual relationship with him. Since you said he's already aware of your zoo interests.

This is a bit beyond my scope, but I'm almost certain that @SigmatoZeta might be of assistance here. If I remember correctly his husband is also not a zoo.

It might take a stern "I want to persue this lifestyle, I am a zoo and we are not necessarily the monsters that society portrays us to be. A dog and I are coming as a package." The outcome might be that your relationship wasn't meant to be. Or the outcome might be that he learns to accept your atypical sexuality because his love for you will allow him to accept you for who you are. He will understand that you're not wanting to just bang dogs for the thrill, the thrill is in the loving relationship with the dog himself.

That's about all I can muster up. I wish you luck!

That really is a tough position to be in. You could justify wanting a bigger dog for protection. You could also justify wanting to keep him unaltered for health reasons. (Early neutering can cause a lot of health problems for the dog down the road.) But if your fiance is intelligent, then as soon as you let him know you want a large unaltered dog, more than likely his first though is that you'd want to have a sexual relationship with him. Since you said he's already aware of your zoo interests.

This is a bit beyond my scope, but I'm almost certain that @SigmatoZeta might be of assistance here. If I remember correctly his husband is also not a zoo.

It might take a stern "I want to persue this lifestyle, I am a zoo and we are not necessarily the monsters that society portrays us to be. A dog and I are coming as a package." The outcome might be that your relationship wasn't meant to be. Or the outcome might be that he learns to accept your atypical sexuality because his love for you will allow him to accept you for who you are. He will understand that you're not wanting to just bang dogs for the thrill, the thrill is in the loving relationship with the dog himself.

Awe thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I appreciate them. Woof woof. *Paws

Well, you have to think deeply about your priorities. Would you be happier:
- only with your human partner
- with your human partner and a small canine friend that you can only love romantically and platonically
- or if you break up with your boyfriend and get a canine partner instead?

Of course there are two more possibilities which would be even better for you:
- getting your current partner to at least tolerate what you want to do
- finding a new human partner who is more open
... but those outcomes are not under your control, so you should get your "plan B" ready first.

And keep in mind that the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, but that doesn't mean it'll actually taste better once your chewing on it :)

This is such a great response and sounds about what I would say as well.

I was honest about who I am and what I want last night and was told it is 100% off the table if our relationship is to work and am more or less playing the role of a registered sex offender looking for treatment. It's not a great outcome, but i was honest and feel closer to my partner as a result

Well, you have to think deeply about your priorities. Would you be happier:
- only with your human partner
- with your human partner and a small canine friend that you can only love romantically and platonically
- or if you break up with your boyfriend and get a canine partner instead?

Of course there are two more possibilities which would be even better for you:
- getting your current partner to at least tolerate what you want to do
- finding a new human partner who is more open
... but those outcomes are not under your control, so you should get your "plan B" ready first.

And keep in mind that the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, but that doesn't mean it'll actually taste better once your chewing on it :)
I'd find a partner that's more open; I wouldn't be able to or want to have such a dedicated relationship with someone that intolerant.

closer to your partner yet the needs are still there..theres nothing hotter than to be able to be honest and talk your truths..very sexy to me..but..not to live your truth does come back at you someday..hope all works great for you
Woof. Thanks

I'd find a partner that's more open; I wouldn't be able to or want to have such a dedicated relationship with someone that intolerant.
I have a very good life with him, but have many different issues. I just can't bring myself to break up with so I can sleep with an animal. What would that say to him?We are setting a timeline to resolve our other differences for a few months from now. If we can't work things out, it will be a non-issue if we breakup. I can't tell whether or not I want us to succeed lol I'm going to try and at least if I failed I'll have a fun life ahead of me XD

I have a very good life with him, but have many different issues. I just can't bring myself to break up with so I can sleep with an animal. What would that say to him?We are setting a timeline to resolve our other differences for a few months from now. If we can't work things out, it will be a non-issue if we breakup. I can't tell whether or not I want us to succeed lol I'm going to try and at least if I failed I'll have a fun life ahead of me XD
well, I'm just an outsider that has no idea on how your relationship is and how you feel about him, and, even if I knew, you do you.

I have found myself in a incredibly similar situation. It's good to hear that others are dealing with the same issues.
Sadly I can't offer any advice seen as I'm not yet in a financially secure enough position to mind a dog. But I look forward to reading how you go about resolving this issue

In a similar situation as well, although my partner believes I'm not actually interested in having sex with a K9. I'd also easily choose him over having a K9 partner and not have him in my life, but as is my interests and what arouses me definitely gets in the way of our sex life

Back