African Wild Dog

Yes, I have seen some photos a long time ago. They look like normal dogs down there. But they are genetically distant enough to not actually be able to mix with regular dogs.

with that info i see, is it accurate to say the males have a weak tie?
I am no biologist, but for what I see, I think that their genes are just way to far from what we imagine as a standart dog. Perhaps this breed is just closer to hyenas, or perhaps even felines. But I really don't know. Resources are out there, I won't be doing a homework for you :D :)

I am no biologist, but for what I see, I think that their genes are just way to far from what we imagine as a standart dog. Perhaps this breed is just closer to hyenas, or perhaps even felines. But I really don't know. But resources are out there, I won't be doing a homework for you :D :)
lol, that is understandable lol

According to this resource - (Right Here) - "Unlike other dog species, the mating of the African Wild Dog is a short affair, lasting just a minute or so." So this that information I can imagine a few scenarios. Either the males penis has no knot or barely any knot at all. The female's vagina doesn't have the mechanism/structure to even hold the males penis inside once fully inserted. Or the male's penis basically "deflates" and unties a lot quicker than a dog's penis would.

I found a breeding video, make of that what you will, but you cannot see any of the fun bits that you are looking for. I couldn't really find any pictures either, since I got a bit curious myself.

Back