Advertising on Zooville

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Zooville's staff would like to take a moment to introduce our new advertising offering to the community. Starting in November, Zooville will begin displaying a banner ad on the sidebar of our front page in an on going effort to cover server costs and ensure the continued operation of our thriving community. We understand that users have a general distaste for advertising on any website so we've put a lot of work into making our ads unobtrusive. A single ad will be displayed on the homepage side bar at a time and only advertisements from zoo-agnostic businesses.

I'd like to stress that Zooville is NOT and will NEVER BE a commercial/for-profit entity. Both donations and advertising revenue go toward the costs of operating Zooville and none of the staff members are compensated for their work here. For transparency purposes, all payments related to advertisement will go through our official Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash addresses (see the donation thread) so the community can see when we receive and spend funds.

I'd like to also take the time to thank ZTHorse who has spearheaded the advertising initiative. If anyone out there would like to inquire about advertising on Zooville, he's the one to talk to.

In addition to the information above,

The ad revenue has been posted to the public addresses, and this is NOT to say that your voluntary donations are not important. They are still very important! Finding suitable advertisers is not an easy venture, and they can choose to pull their ads at anytime. We understand that the community enjoys deeply the features of a new forum, chat services, and greater upload limits. As we grow, having a viable unobtrusive ad space will only aide in funding, but it may never be able to make the site full ad-funded.

The balances of zooville are public, and even with ads, there might be periods where your donations will be needed. We promise and guarantee that zooville will never be for profit, it will always remain a non-profit site. However with this new revenue stream, it will be possible to add new feature sets in the future with whatever technologies come.

I'm all for this. Thank you all for your hard work in keeping the forum up and running, and transparency in how you go about it.

BTW, I tried donating via Bitcoin to the old site, but due to my lack of technical savvy and the complexity of Bitcoin I could not complete the transaction...?... It was a frustrating experience. I do intend to try again in the future when I have more time and patience.

I am very pleased that I was invited here and that I can host in such a nice forum, it is difficult for people to find a good common place where they share such topics. Great applause for the creators and everyone who works to make the forum an interesting place for each of us :)

best regards

Last edited:
I'm all for this. Thank you all for your hard work in keeping the forum up and running, and transparency in how you go about it.

BTW, I tried donating via Bitcoin to the old site, but due to my lack of technical savvy and the complexity of Bitcoin I could not complete the transaction...?... It was a frustrating experience. I do intend to try again in the future when I have more time and patience.
If you ever need help, you can PM me about it.

In addition to the information above,

The ad revenue has been posted to the public addresses, and this is NOT to say that your voluntary donations are not important. They are still very important! Finding suitable advertisers is not an easy venture, and they can choose to pull their ads at anytime. We understand that the community enjoys deeply the features of a new forum, chat services, and greater upload limits. As we grow, having a viable unobtrusive ad space will only aide in funding, but it may never be able to make the site full ad-funded.

The balances of zooville are public, and even with ads, there might be periods where your donations will be needed. We promise and guarantee that zooville will never be for profit, it will always remain a non-profit site. However with this new revenue stream, it will be possible to add new feature sets in the future with whatever technologies come.

Hey @ZTHorse I checked out the donation thread but wasn't able to find any information on how much advertising would cost, duration of ad banners being displayed, max file size/design spec .etc.? I tried using the 'contact us' option in the footer area but I am not sure if they came through properly or if you receive these directly? Would love to gain more insight into this if possible though - whether that be here on the thread or via DM/email? Thanks :)

i agree, thanks

Back