Acceptance

Cade20

Citizen of Zooville
Since I've joined ZooVille I realized that I accepted myself more as a zoo. I don't have the feeling: "you're a terrible person, fight against it!"

Thankfully, day by day, I'm losing all the prejudice against myself, I'm not feeling dirty the way I was before - I still am but that's decreasing a lot - and that's something really good. I believe I have this website to thank for it, many of the threads here are very helpful, if not all of them. That's what I wanted to share for now. I hope next time I post another thread in acceptance it will be to say that I no longer have bad feelings for myself.

Question time: did you feel the same? Where is your acceptance at now?

I'm glad you're coming to terms with it. So long as all involved can nope out and nobody is harmed, I don't see a problem.
I struggled with it a bit when I was a young man, mostly the isolation of having to stay secret. I'd pretty well accepted that this was me well beforehand, but with the advent of the internet my acceptance grew rapidly as did my general happiness.

I care for my partner and we enjoy doing things together. I don't need the approval of anyone else, though having a friend/support network is important. It is nice to be with like-minded people and be able to take the mask off from time to time and truly be yourself.

Back