A question about crocodilians

ryirkil

Citizen of Zooville
First of all, quoting the rules: Solo content involving reptiles, etc is okay as long as no human sexual action. so let's keep in mind to comply.

My question is: Do they defecate while penetrated like reptiles in general are said to do? I have no experience with them as there are none around here but I have never seen one doing that on a video nor read anything about it. There are however quite a few instructions on how to determine a gender of a crocodilian (it is dependent purely on the environment, mainly temperature. They don't even have a single gene responsible for that and look basically the same so there is only one way to know which I can not describe), so I would expect at least one to mention that. Is there someone who knows for sure?

Since I'm making a thread in health section about crocodilians and I have not seen that information mentioned here before: reptiles can have many potentially harmful bacteria in their feces, like salmonella: https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/zoonotic/reptilesandrisksofinfectiousdiseases/

Reptiles and amphibs often void when handled....its a fear reaction. Birds do it as well....flight means lightening the load, if you will. Many instinctive reactions stem from when any given line of critter was small enough to fear being eaten. Voiding, and generating a slime overload, as a slug does is cheap insurance.

Reptiles and amphibs often void when handled....its a fear reaction. Birds do it as well....flight means lightening the load, if you will. Many instinctive reactions stem from when any given line of critter was small enough to fear being eaten. Voiding, and generating a slime overload, as a slug does is cheap insurance.
and is why a frog pee's in your hand if you grab one, its like a survival mode of some kind..

I do not for now.

That I know from experience, I wanted to ask about a "domesticated" ones, where some trust has been built and fear is not a factor.
Cant say for sure....snakes are not pets, any more than a Tarantula is. They have their functions in their wild state, and they CAN become accustomed to being handled, obviously, as most animals can. The difference between domesticated and tame is vast. Just make a list of all the domestics you know.....then make a similar list of every other animal you know.....you should see the difference immediately. There is no such thing as a domesticated reptile or amphib.... just tolerant ones

Cant say for sure....snakes are not pets, any more than a Tarantula is. They have their functions in their wild state, and they CAN become accustomed to being handled, obviously, as most animals can. The difference between domesticated and tame is vast. Just make a list of all the domestics you know.....then make a similar list of every other animal you know.....you should see the difference immediately. There is no such thing as a domesticated reptile or amphib.... just tolerant ones
My boa was quite tame, and yes, we did have some other than normal fun, but she was still a large predator and i would never call her domesticated

You roll the dice and take your chances with any predatory reptile

A cuviers dwarf is the closest to a great friend, but they tend to be snappy once in a while, now would it fit it sure would and they should enjoy it. Lol

A cuviers dwarf is the closest to a great friend, but they tend to be snappy once in a while
You are speaking from experience? What other species have you been around and for how long? I'm thinking about a morelet. There were a few very friendly american crocodiles and alligators as well. Definitely not the salties though. Nile crocodiles are said to be aggressive too.

Back