A curious question for dog owners…

Obviously, most of us embrace this lifestyle in the comfort of our own homes. Though, specifically for dog owners, answer me this:

If you have guests over, whether it be family, friends, service-people, solicitors, etc. how does your dog react? Has your dog ever tried to jump on an unsuspecting person and hump away? Will your bitch display signs of being in heat to random people? Any funny stories to share?

P.S. I am NOT a dog owner and I never have been. If these questions seem silly, just know that I am coming into this obliviously and with a blank slate.

If somebody comes over and is overly friendly with my male lab, I'm talking cuddles and pats for an extended period of time, he has been known to try to hump. He's cautiously optimistic lol. But, yeah, I'll usually see it coming and stop it before it happens. My female lab will get overly friendly with me sometimes, but it's not obvious like it is with males.

I feel like most visitors are naïve and as long as your dog is well trained and responds to commands they will brush it off as “dogs being dogs”.
It’s not something I worry about much.

I hadn't any problems or weird situations so far he knows when its okay to ask me for sex. Its probably just bad education and training like every other unwanted behavior e.g. jumping on visitors as a greeting or beg for food at the table.
There are a lot of tips in the forum how to make sure it won't happen, using certain blankets, rooms etc.

My dogs have always been trained to react to situations, not people. And I am able to move freely between yes and no situations with zero issues. That being said, he also isn't fucking me, so I don't have that particular issue to deal with.

I have been training hunting dogs for many years ... it only happened to me once with a particular person, a friend, the dog I don't know why he got horny with it, it was the first and only time.

Back